Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm washing my Comp Rosso beauty and I get around to the rear passenger side and I notice that a hole has been tapped out of my tail light !!! I'm *ucking FURIOUS !!! The car is securely parked at work and this is clearly an act of vandalism.....:mad:

·
Registered
321 Posts
jealous people suck!!!!!! work hard get your rewards!!! if everyone understood this concept the world would be a better place. any camera that you can check?

·
Registered
84 Posts
How can someone actually do that to such a beautiful car? I don't have a word to describe how I feel about people like that.

Get it fixed and show everyone it didn't faze you.

I'm sorry you have to go through this.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Grrrrr! Total @$$ holes. Do you have comprehensive by any chance? You wanna know how bad jealous and road raged drivers get? Someone stole my Ovarian Cancer ribbon magnet off the back of my Miata when I was parked at Back Bay garage for a meeting last year (my wife died form the disease). MAYBE I beat them to an opening on the expressway crawl earlier that morning? Completely safe, small and quick beats large and lumbering every time. Maybe they parked in the same garage? Or maybe they were just walking by? But who in their right mind steals a cancer awareness magnet off of someone else's car? I mean, MAYBE the car belongs to a surviving loved one? Maybe, ya think? Cruel and selfishly ugly. Hope your insurance covers it.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
Death sentence!

Jealous fiend probably drives an old Prius, Accord, Corolla, pickup truck, or Mustang. Yes, I'm profiling. Please feel free to add your theories.

·
Banned
264 Posts
Grrrrr! Total @$$ holes. Do you have comprehensive by any chance? You wanna know how bad jealous and road raged drivers get? Someone stole my Ovarian Cancer ribbon magnet off the back of my Miata when I was parked at Back Bay garage for a meeting last year (my wife died form the disease). MAYBE I beat them to an opening on the expressway crawl earlier that morning? Completely safe, small and quick beats large and lumbering every time. Maybe they parked in the same garage? Or maybe they were just walking by? But who in their right mind steals a cancer awareness magnet off of someone else's car? I mean, MAYBE the car belongs to a surviving loved one? Maybe, ya think? Cruel and selfishly ugly. Hope your insurance covers it.
You dont want to make a small claim like that on a policy...will cost you more in the future...not to mention the tailight is likely to cost less than his deductible...

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
You dont want to make a small claim like that on a policy...will cost you more in the future...not to mention the tailight is likely to cost less than his deductible...
Yeah good point. I wasn't sure. It's not a bumper thank God.

Reactions: alfa908

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So after my anger and frustration settled down, I carefully vacuumed out the water and broken lens fragments (it's the size of a golf ball) and used some clear tape to make sure no more water would enter the lens...I'm sure this corner lamp assembly will approach $1,000 if not more....I know that sounds crazy but it's LED and all that and so manufacturers can shoot for the sky....I'm going to inquire about cameras....the building that I practice out of has a curious demographic....there are many "therapists" in the building (both Psychologists and Psychiatrists)...Maybe just a depressed whacky soul...The other possibility...there is one other Dentist who is on an upper floor...Jealousy rearing its head perhaps (he drives a Ford Explorer)....:mad:

Reactions: MacGeek

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the passenger side corner that sweeps around onto the rear fender...not the section on the trunk lid.....

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So at about $505 for the lens and another $140 for labor I will be "mildly raped"....it is what it is.....Hopefully this chap will find out that "Karma is a bitch"....>:)

·
Registered
372 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear - some people can be so stupid. Hopefully the cameras will be able to catch the license plate of the vehicle that hit you or the person who did this!

·
Banned
264 Posts
So at about $505 for the lens and another $140 for labor I will be "mildly raped"....it is what it is.....Hopefully this chap will find out that "Karma is a bitch"....>:)
I have not seen the mounting mechanism for the giulia tail lights, but on 90 percent of vehicles you could swap it out yourself in 10 minuets..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts