Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we in the forums came up with a great idea to change the country code in MES in hopes of allowing us to pull both paddles for neutral. I decided to give it a go. Did it, did the proxi alignment and it was a no go. When I swapped country code back noticed the seat memory is all wonky sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't and the mirror memory is completely gone.

I have tried scanning the DTC and clearing errors with no success. I Mentioned it to the tech at the dealer and he didn't have any idea. Does anyone have an idea on how to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Looks like it wasn't greatest idea ;)
Try to do system calibration in CSWM module under adaptations.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Any dealer tech should be able to re write the original configuration file to fix whatever got screwed up

·
Registered
379 Posts
Any dealer tech should be able to re write the original configuration file to fix whatever got screwed up
With MES it's possible to restore it too. But it should be OK if Alfa_obsession has reverted to original country unless he has changed something else too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like it wasn't greatest idea ;)
Try to do system calibration in CSWM module under adaptations.
I’ll try it in the morning I’ve been busy. Thank you. And yes definitely wasn’t the greatest idea.
I asked my tech and he kind of looked confused. I don’t have the best Techs anymore as my dealer had been going through them since the main one broke his leg. And the second one quit around the same time. 😬

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I asked my tech and he kind of looked confused. I don’t have the best Techs anymore as my dealer had been going through them since the main one broke his leg. And the second one quit around the same time. 😬
I feel bad for you guys with brain dead techs..I really do...its a shame because its often caused by dealers who dont want to pay for good techs so you end up with a shop full of idiots... ...anyway,if you do end up back there, tell your 'tech" to hook up Wi Tech and then go to the the BCM screen under miscellaneous functions...

in laymen terms doing a "vehicle restore" its the equivalent to reinstalling Windows on your home computer system if you somehow get it corrupted....it just re writes the vehicle config file in the BCM and sets it back to how it was when new

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I feel bad for you guys with brain dead techs..I really do...its a shame because its often caused by dealers who dont want to pay for good techs so you end up with a shop full of idiots... ...anyway,if you do end up back there, tell your 'tech" to hook up Wi Tech and then go to the the BCM screen under miscellaneous functions...

in laymen terms doing a "vehicle restore" its the equivalent to reinstalling Windows on your home computer system if you somehow get it corrupted....it just re writes the vehicle config file in the BCM and sets it back to how it was when new
Really appreciate it. Yep it is really unfortunate. I’m just hoping that the old tech come back quickly once his leg is healed.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Hey considering doing the country code Zurich as a back door way to get key fob functionality for the windows. Scared off by your experience. Did it get sorted out?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey considering doing the country code Zurich as a back door way to get key fob functionality for the windows. Scared off by your experience. Did it get sorted out?
No I never got it sorted out. I'd highly advise not doing this. I've had a proxi alignment done 3 times from the dealer in total since doing this and it still hasn't sort itself out. I'd highly advise not messing with country code.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Ok then. Thx. Btw have you looked for seat calibration in MES under CSEM module ( comfort seat and wheel) under the climate control system? There is a system calibration under adjustments. No idea if that might work but worth a try if you haven't already.

Rumi

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
just to throw a spanner in the works ;) , are you sure it's actually related to changing the country code, and not another coincidental problem with f.i. seat memory controller ?

from service doc:
The Comfort Seat Wheel Module (CSWM) is installed on the front part of the driver's seat on the lower side. The module carries out the following functions:
  • It manages the driver's seat movement buttons.
  • It directly controls the driver's seat movement motors.
  • It receives signals from the seat memory switches (1-2-3).
  • It manages the driver's seat position memory and the position of the wing mirrors.
  • It controls and manages heating of the driver's and passenger's seats and of the steering wheel.
see also:

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just to throw a spanner in the works ;) , are you sure it's actually related to changing the country code, and not another coincidental problem with f.i. seat memory controller ?

from service doc:
The Comfort Seat Wheel Module (CSWM) is installed on the front part of the driver's seat on the lower side. The module carries out the following functions:
  • It manages the driver's seat movement buttons.
  • It directly controls the driver's seat movement motors.
  • It receives signals from the seat memory switches (1-2-3).
  • It manages the driver's seat position memory and the position of the wing mirrors.
  • It controls and manages heating of the driver's and passenger's seats and of the steering wheel.
see also:
There is a possiblability of this being a coincidence and another problem arrived at the same time, however, I doubt it as I used the seat memory switch to adjust the mirrors right before the changing the country code. There really isn't a way of figuring it out. Unless someone else wants to put their memory seats on the line and try messing with the country code. As I was never able to fix the problem.

Ok then. Thx. Btw have you looked for seat calibration in MES under CSEM module ( comfort seat and wheel) under the climate control system? There is a system calibration under adjustments. No idea if that might work but worth a try if you haven't already.

Rumi
I believe I have done this before and it didn't work. I no longer have my giulia as my sister took over the payments on it in July so there would be no way for me to try it.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Sorry for your loss... but until I have a crazy good reason I will be your warning!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry for your loss... but until I have a crazy good reason I will be your warning!
I'd advise that. I believe when I changed the country code I did try the widow to roll down and up the windows with the key fob with no success. So I'd advise against it as a method of that. You can always try one of those OBDII modules to allow for it.

No worries about my loss, I sold the car and bought a house so can't complain.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts