Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I’m trying to find the part number for the rear left brake wear sensors (2017 Giulia). I can’t find it under Mopar parts. Mine broke after the tire blow up. Unfortunately not covered under warranty.
Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
The brake wear sensor is embedded in the brake pads which is just a contact wire which when the pads wear to minimum level make/break the circuit and send a signal to the dash. You will need new pads if it's the wire. There is no need to replace it as the pads work fine and you can check visually.

Are you referring to the pad wire or the connector on the car? Either way not required. There is a TSB for broken pad wire I think which may be in the TSB section of the forum, which is covered under warranty. I drove with broken front pad wire for 10kmiles until I changed pads.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The brake wear sensor is embedded in the brake pads which is just a contact wire which when the pads wear to minimum level make/break the circuit and send a signal to the dash. You will need new pads if it's the wire. There is no need to replace it as the pads work fine and you can check visually.

Are you referring to the pad wire or the connector on the car? Either way not required. There is a TSB for broken pad wire I think which may be in the TSB section of the forum, which is covered under warranty. I drove with broken front pad wire for 10kmiles until I changed pads.
yes I think it’s the wire. It’s not the one connected to the pad but the other side (sorry if it’s bad way to describe it). I asked the dealership if I need a new pad to replace it, they said no just the wire. I know it doesn’t affect anything but I hate to see the wire and connecter handing

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
1,953 Posts

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
1,953 Posts
if its the wire on the car side of the connector, then yes you need a wire replaced, but that one goes into the chassis ... that may not be so simple

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if its the wire on the car side of the connector, then yes you need a wire replaced, but that one goes into the chassis ... that may not be so simple
Yes that’s the one. The one on the car side

·
Registered
91 Posts
I’m sorry I meant the other side of the connecter (on the pad). I do t know what that called. A wire?
If you mean the wire on the car side of the connector, and not the wire from the pad, there is a repair kit for the connector which includes a short length of wire and the connector shell. The wire is already crimped into the pin that goes into the shell. A butt splice crimp connector is included in the kit so you can splice the remains of the existing wire in the car to the short length of wire in the kit. It is best if you have the proper tool to make a good crimp but you probably can get by with vise grips. Or solder the two wire ends together with heat shrink over the joint and leave the butt splice connector off. The repair kit part number is 68122929AA. Good luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you mean the wire on the car side of the connector, and not the wire from the pad, there is a repair kit for the connector which includes a short length of wire and the connector shell. The wire is already crimped into the pin that goes into the shell. A butt splice crimp connector is included in the kit so you can splice the remains of the existing wire in the car to the short length of wire in the kit. It is best if you have the proper tool to make a good crimp but you probably can get by with vise grips. Or solder the two wire ends together with heat shrink over the joint and leave the butt splice connector off. The repair kit part number is 68122929AA. Good luck!
Thank you for the info. I managed to take some pictures

·
Registered
173 Posts
EU parts catalogue gives this P/N: 71749527 for some wire+connector, not sure if Mopar will accept P/N.
Check if it looks like what you need - rear right should be the same.

If that's the one, it's simple 1 pin Tyco AMP connector. You should be able to find it in electric store or order on ebay.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The repair kit I have looks just like the one shpuncik shows (but with a different label). I don't know if the website you found will provide just the connector or the whole kit. I ordered my kit from the local CDJR dealer (doesn't sell Alfas) using that part number. Price was $15.70 but no charge for shipping. Looks like you might need the kit, not just the connector.

·
Vendor
2,054 Posts
I have it if you want it, well have to order it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts