Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal that the pedal travel only feels like it is a couple of inches? As grabby as the brakes are at initial bite, I often feel like I have to really push on them to make the car stay stopped vs idling forward...

For example, and not that you would do this on a normal basis, but in most cars you feel like you can push the pedal “to the floor” but in my Q.V. the pedal won’t travel past the first couple inches...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same here on a diesel. I wouldn't mind it so much if it weren't for the fact that I just can't make a smooth stop. With a bit more travel I could stop the car with precision (smoothness) I guess.

·
Registered
641 Posts
It’s because it’s a brake-by-wire system. The pedal feel is provided by a foam block to approximate the feel of a hydraulic system.

This has been discussed in depth on the forum if you want to explore it more deeply.

The general consensus is that the brake feel when coming to a stop is the main issue.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Vacuum brake booster used to provide that cushion in the pedal, lotsa cars today don’t have one and the brakes are firmer and more direct because of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts