Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok day #3 with the car and the brake shrill at low speed when coming to a stop is unbearable. I saw a small child on the sidewalk nearly fall over being startled and cars in front of me creep forward giving me an extra 5 feet (of course I don't dare release the brake to creep forward as well). This awkwardness is truly ridiculous. I figure it is a Brembo thing on the QV. I inspected and have nylon backers. I could just remove pads and re-grease but if I'm in there I figure a replacement pad is probably worth the effort. So.....has anyone a good brand recommendation for this car? Goal: daily driver, no autocross, no squeeking, low dust if possible, would be nice to keep a high performance pad in there for the sake of what the car is. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Mine squeal when cold, warm them up with a couple of brisk brake pedal application and it goes away.....

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Yes, and it comes back when the rotors cool. Which is exactly what happens in city traffic when it is most embarrassing! I suggest Centric, Posiquiet ceramic pads. AFAIK, Maserati GT, Lexus ISF pads will fit from the mid to late 2000s. Here are the specs I have so far.

Fronts:
164.7x81x55
Pagid no. 8005
2013 Ghibli 360mm disc
2007+ Gran Turismo
2011 Lexis IS-F
caliper hp 6 165x82

Not sure of the rears.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have standard brakes not carbon ceramics. It was slightly better today - maybe it will abate. I plan on waiting a week but figured a brake pad suggestion based on experience is still a valid discussion. I saw a few vendors sell EBC Yellow-stuff and Hawk brands. Not sure if anyone has experience with those. I saw the Maserati cross-list mentioned as well which helps. I've used Pagid before with good results. I didn't yet see a post about Pagids until John K's above. I know the car is new so probably noone has gotten enough mileage up to need a change unless needed for racing but then I don't really want racing pads or I might be back in the same boat. Thanks!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I'm still in a quandry but in looking at Pagid's website I can confirm the front brakes on the QV is shape 8005. The rears are shape 2487. This means the front pads are interchangeable (and also spec'd for) with Lexus IS-F 2008-11, Maserati Gran Turismo 2007-present, Ghibli 2013-present, Mercedes SLK (R171) 55AMG 2004-11, Subaru STI with 6 piston Brenbros 2017-present. The rears are compatible with a huge number of cars (not all listed here): Aston Martin DB9, Aston Martin Vantage GT4 2012-present, Audi RS3 2011-12, Audi TT RS 2.5 2009-14, Chevy Camaro SS 2009-15, Corvette C7 2014-present, Dodge Viper SRT 2014-present, Ford Mustang GT 2015-present, Shelby GT500 2007-14, Acura TL 2004-present, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Coupe, 2010-present, Maserati Ghibli 2013-present, Mitsubishi Lancer 98-2016, Subaru STI 2003-16, Volvo S60 Turbo R 2003-present, Volvo V70R 2003-present.
Please double check in case the list is incorrect as I have not verified the above but hopefully this helps for the future.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My OEM pads went through a period of squeeling but it only lasted a few thousand miles. I recently replaced them with EBC yellow stuff and they are now squeeling so I wouldn't go down that route.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Mine have been quiet for several months. I checked Tire Rack for the Posi Quiet Ceramics on a Subaru-Hyundai combo. $40 for fronts, and $40 for rears. Awesome value and even though my brakes have been quiet, the dust is notable. Washed the car 2 weeks ago and my bright fronts look like darks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey buddy. How sure are you with the rears? The front is spot on Crosses with Ferrari 599GTB

Just ordered EBC blue for front and was trying to find blue or yellow for rear.....

Would it cross with the Ford Mustang GT standard or performance brake. EBC has diff numbers

Thanks,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts