Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have stainless lines on my other Alfa's and they make a big improvement in brake feel. Also Carbotech pads and vented rotors. But with 'brake by wire' as used on Giulia and can't imagine there would be a change in brake feel.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
I have stainless lines on my other Alfa's and they make a big improvement in brake feel. Also Carbotech pads and vented rotors. But with 'brake by wire' as used on Giulia and can't imagine there would be a change in brake feel.
I would be concerned that any change in the brake response would cause problems for the brake by wire system. Maybe I am imagining things...

One criticism of $$ braided lines is that you cannot identify problems with the soft parts until something catastrophic happens.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
According to my dealership it wouldn't cause any issues but probably wouldn't benefit too much either except for better safety mainly because SS W/ Teflon is better than rubber. Lets see

·
Registered
702 Posts
Is there any news regarding this topic?

As I'm not 100% happy with the brake pedal feel, SS lines might be a cheap fix.
The question is whether they will make an improvement at all (considering the Conti MK C1 system).

Maybe someone has tried it and can report their experience...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts