Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Like many of you, my opinion of my Alfa dealer service department is somewhere below that of my own abilities in the shop. I also live 1hr min from that service department. I would like to avoid the hose clamp rubbing on the brake line issue, and I'm thinking I can easily do that on my own. Has anyone actually performed the fix?

Thanks!
Jonathan

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
fix, hack, or bodge?

·
Vendor
1,503 Posts
Hi,

Like many of you, my opinion of my Alfa dealer service department is somewhere below that of my own abilities in the shop. I also live 1hr min from that service department. I would like to avoid the hose clamp rubbing on the brake line issue, and I'm thinking I can easily do that on my own. Has anyone actually performed the fix?

Thanks!
Jonathan
yes you can. Avoid the dealer. It's not a big deal. They just happened to do mine while I was in there making them do a bunch of software crap. It took them like 3 min.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
If your brake line is rubbed this is a fairly major amount of work that may require a Witech, including flushing and bleeding the brake system. If you just need the bracket installed I think it is straightforward.

The replacement brake lines were on allocation when I had my car done, so you may not be able to buy it.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I looked at mine. The buckle on the clamp was about .250" to .375" (inches) away from the brake tube. There were no marks on the tube. So, just to be sure, and to improve my odds, I pressed, using my thumb, on the brake tube and bent it just a bit. It is now about .500" away from the buckle on the clamp. This was about 1000 miles ago. Still no rubbing, no problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts