2017 Giulia TI Sport
Had the exact same issue. Figured out what happened thanks to this thread (local shop didn't disconnect the battery prior to changing the rotors). Bought the MES scanner from @Alfissimo and cleared the error codes. All issues gone.Hi Giulia experts. I need a little guidance.
I just replaced front and rear pads on my 2018 Guilia 2.0 Q4. I decided to do it myself as I've done brakes on other cars without issues. The car has 29,500 miles. Old pads were about 3mm rear and 6.5mm front. For the new pads used EBC "yellow stuff" pads. All rotors were inspected and measured and were still very close to the original thickness and looked fine, so I opted not to replace them this time.
The job seemed to go well, pads were replaced without any issues. However, after starting the car and driving it cautiously I noted:
1. Numerous faults are indicated on the cluster:
- Service Electronic Parking Brake
- Service Brake System
- AST Service Required
- ESC Service ESC System
- ESC Service Hill Hold Control
- FCW Limited Functionality Front Camera Service required
2. Car pulls to the right when braking. Anti-lock functionality not working.
3. Based on rotor temperature (just feeling by touch of hand), only the front right and rear left brakes are actually working. (Note_ After a drive with plenty of braking, the front right and rear left rotors were very hot to touch. The front left and rear right rotors both ice cold).
I did bleed out the fluid at each caliper when pushing the pistons in. I topped up the reservoir afterward to make up for the loss.
My cheap code reader isn't seeing any codes. And no - turning the steering wheel from lock to lock does not reset anything.
Any suggestions on what to do next? Taking it to the Stealership is an option of course!