Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Q4
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
That code is “Fluid Leak or Seal Failure. this sub type is used for failures where the control module detects that a mechanical component has an unexpected gas or liquid flow in, out, or through the component.”

I suggest that you try bleeding that brake caliper to get any air out. Reset the code with MES and see if it stays cleared.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Q4
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I also needed the SGW bypass installed to allow me to reset the codes.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Q4
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Not on a 2017. I think the Security Gateway was added in 2018 onwards. My car is a 2018.

·
Registered
864 Posts
damm. any ideas why it would get stuck loading codes ect just on that one .. or ideas how yo fix
Did you try this method below?

After I changed my brakes (I did disconnect the battery), I had to pump the brakes first until solid pedal, start the car, turn wheel left to right and right to left from lock to lock a few times. Turn off the car and turn it back on a few times. Then the codes cleared. I'm not saying this will fix your situation but just a FYI.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Q4
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I’m prepping to do my rears soon on my 2018. Aside from the 30 step procedure... including a couple of Novenas, would it be a benefit to loosen the fluid cap. I see a couple of folks say to do that,
Yes and place a rag around the brake fluid cap area as the level goes up when you push the calipers in. One more step - place both car keys well out of range so there’s no communication to the car (or disconnect car battery which is the step I forgot to do).

Reactions: Theo

·
Registered
845 Posts
Yes and place a rag around the brake fluid cap area as the level goes up when you push the calipers in. One more step - place both car keys well out of range so there’s no communication to the car (or disconnect car battery which is the step I forgot to do).
Doing that, but was told it’s best to open the bleed valve when pushing the pads in.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
5,857 Posts
Doing that, but was told it’s best to open the bleed valve when pushing the pads in.
No.

If you haven't topped off the reservoir, pushing the pistons in won't cause a problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure if anybody had a solution I had the same problem break light on in service brake path, the solution I did for it I put the car on service brake mode turn it off unplug the battery for at least 10-20 minutes free plug everything all the codes came in such as steering ABS etc, to clear this code manually all you got to do is for the steering move it all the way to the right then move it all the way to the left and bring it back to the middle and turn off the car and after that just push start 10 times on and off on and off without hitting anything else just turning on the ignition and all the code should be erased that's if you don't have a computer or multiscantool

21 - 37 of 37 Posts