1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,497 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
5.1 it will be then thanks - should a regular garage be able to flush and replace the fluid ?? I don't have a dealer nearby at all ? I will be having a full set of blue stuff fitted at the same time.
If the local shop has the ability to follow the bleed procedure, then yes they can do it. I'd recommend Bosch EIS 5.1 brake fluid.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,497 Posts
Reactions: Phantom_Mark

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,497 Posts
Don't want a repeat of this......and this was after braking early and managing the brake temps !

Yep, QV OEM pads are shit. The blues will be way better.

Reactions: Phantom_Mark

·
Registered
20 Posts
Castrol SRF is overkill unless you absolutely need the max performance plus you need to bleed every year as it's only good for 18 months. You should be flushing yearly anyway if you track. 😉
I am only doing the occasional track day, but when I do it gets maximum attack, managing brake temps or brake issues has to be one of the most annoying things ever on track, I have yet to discover a road car that car last more than a couple of laps on track with standard brakes (at less than supercar levels), having read others experiences about the standard brakes on this Alfa I had expected a little more tbh.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,497 Posts
I am only doing the occasional track day, but when I do it gets maximum attack, managing brake temps or brake issues has to be one of the most annoying things ever on track, I have yet to discover a road car that car last more than a couple of laps on track with standard brakes (at less than supercar levels), having read others experiences about the standard brakes on this Alfa I had expected a little more tbh.
Every review I read/watched where they were going for lap times has the brakes completely melting down after a few laps.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Well is OK if you have fresh brake fluid but the problem is when the car sits on the dealership lot for a year, then you buy it, drive around for another year or two then track it and have brake fade. Old fluid and crap factory pads.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Well is OK if you have fresh brake fluid but the problem is when the car sits on the dealership lot for a year, then you buy it, drive around for another year or two then track it and have brake fade. Old fluid and crap factory pads.
What really upsets me is that they charge an arm and a leg for the factory crap pads when they are cheaper better pads out there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts