Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking to bleed the brakes using my Motive Power bleeder... Measured up the cap on the master cylinder and it looks like ~42mm. Go to the Motive website and no 42mm adapter to be found.

Anyone find something that works?

I looked in the repair manual and it looks like there is this special tool listed - but I'm unable to tell from the picture if the cap has a fitting tapped into it?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am getting ready to flush my car too... just wondering what you did for your car and fluid you used?

I have a power bleeder - did you just go around and let a 1/2 cup of fluid from each caliper?

·
Super Moderator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,241 Posts
I am getting ready to flush my car too... just wondering what you did for your car and fluid you used?

I have a power bleeder - did you just go around and let a 1/2 cup of fluid from each caliper?
There is an order to it, see the attached procedures. I used Motul RBF660, but I do track days, so I wanted something a little more resilient to heat. It's more hygroscopic though, so it needs to be changed out more frequently.

Attachments

Reactions: GottWhat

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Generally you keep bleeding until you see fresh fluid

·
Registered
19 Posts

I followed th exact procedure listed in the pdf posted above and I used ATE Type 200

·
Registered
65 Posts
I sounds mostly straight forward - I think I can put the car in "brake matinence mode" from the dash menu - but I don't have any 'scan tool' as mentioned in the procedure... I'm guessing it can be done without the scan tool or 'multiecuscan' software (my car is an '18 with the SGW module)

Also, how much fluid to change - 1 liter, or 2 - or more?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts