Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I installed the Duel Port BOV form Madness (TurboSmart). After the install I get an error (Electronic Throttle Control), the car goes into limp mode and states I need to service the engine. I reinstalled the stock BOV, drive around the block shut it down and restart and the error is clear. Reinstalled new BOV just to check and got he same thing.

2018 TI Sport Performance. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
20 Ti
36 Posts
I don't have anything useful to contribute, other than it appears that lately (perhaps recent flashes / w05, etc); there has been increased ECU sensitivity w regards to diverted boost, and even how quickly it gets metered back in. Anecdotally, I have no numbers mind you - but some folks are even having issues with the dual spring setup in the GFBs.

I hope it's nothing permanent, I've had great luck with Forge, other DVs in past applications.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Keep the oem valve. If looking for noise you can do open intake or just unhook and 9plug the recirc hose on your oem

Mike

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,646 Posts
@AJsGiulia did you use the stock bolts to install the Turbosmart? Apparently Turbosmart supplies incorrect bolts, and there may be sealing issues if you use those.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, in fact that new bolts will not work at all. The threads are not the same. I called Madness today and they are taking care of it. I will update when I get the replacement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts