Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready for my first tracking event with these new wheels/tires this weekend. Last weekend I had some really fast lap times on 320 hardness street tires. Giulia QV sedan blows up a whole lot of sports cars at the track. So it should be pretty amazing with Hoosier slicks on.
Front 235/35/19 Rear 295/30/19
Those Tecnico optional OEM wheels are really are really light! Should be great to lose some unsprung weight. I think she’s going to be extra frisky this weekend lol

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
Where are you tracking her this weekend?

To bad I have other plans and will heading to Seattle.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where are you tracking her this weekend?

To bad I have other plans and will heading to Seattle.
ORP not far from Seattle. The best track in North America! I’ll come back to the Ridge this Spring/summer nice track too

·
Registered
573 Posts
ORP not far from Seattle. The best track in North America! I’ll come back to the Ridge this Spring/summer nice track too
Is there another "ORP" near Seattle that I am not finding?

The only thing I could find is Oregon Raceway Park in Grass Valley, OR.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,478 Posts
Slick! Let us know if you get a sore neck from all the g-forces.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Yes that’s the place in North West Oregon. But it probably is about four or five hours away. Sorry I’m used to driving far so that doesn’t sound far to me. But it’s well worth it as it has over 400 feet of elevation change each lap and even has a half pipe element. And track goes in both directions so it’s like two different tracks. If you like to track definitely worth coming!!!! Here’s a video of me in my 4C doing a smoking fast lap CCW. Check out the Gforce readings. There’s a peak at 1.92G.
https://youtu.be/3v2_ypV_gQ8

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
That looks like a great combination! Race mode is a welcome feature with those tires to avoid too much intrusion from stability control, but be careful with the brakes. With semi-slick/slick tires some street ABS systems can get really confused, pedal goes hard, and the car just wont stop. Hopefully this isn't a problem with the QV, but test it out and be ready for it.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,478 Posts
Do you trailer or fit all four wheels/tires in your QV for your roundtrip to the track?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I wanted to go that route but doing 10mm less in the front and 10mm wider in the rear messed with my head, not sure how it messes with the suspension model/grip for the car. Hopefully it doesnt create more understeer.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That looks like a great combination! Race mode is a welcome feature with those tires to avoid too much intrusion from stability control, but be careful with the brakes. With semi-slick/slick tires some street ABS systems can get really confused, pedal goes hard, and the car just wont stop. Hopefully this isn't a problem with the QV, but test it out and be ready for it.
Yes that’s all true ABS can interfere even in race mode and I have had that happen turning right and uphill on this track at the same spot a few times. I just dial it down a little foot in that corner and it’s fine. But I’ve never experience the brake pedal not working properly! That sounds a bit scary actually. I’m a little worried about the crank case oil and don’t want to starve the engine with a lot of heavy G forces. Although I suspect it probably has really good protection from that. It certainly has good protection about running low on gas. If you read my other post recently I just had the car go into limp mode just because the torque vectoring differential oil was at the time to be changed! It even took a readout of how many hours it was at a hot level to decide that it was time to change that oil.
I’m mostly going to slicks just to save my street tires. I could get a second set of hundred hardness really good street tires but since they’re going to be tractors what the h*ll why don’t I just go with slicks!

Do you trailer or fit all four wheels/tires in your QV for your roundtrip to the track?
I trailer it. I have a very nice all aluminum lightweight toy hauler trailer with living quarters with a gooseneck hitch I pull with my Tundra.
I’ll try to do a video walk-through of the trailer this weekend it’s really nice how I set it up. It’s big but not too big.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yes that’s the place in North West Oregon. But it probably is about four or five hours away. Sorry I’m used to driving far so that doesn’t sound far to me. But it’s well worth it as it has over 400 feet of elevation change each lap and even has a half pipe element. And track goes in both directions so it’s like two different tracks. If you like to track definitely worth coming!!!! Here’s a video of me in my 4C doing a smoking fast lap CCW. Check out the Gforce readings. There’s a peak at 1.92G.
Great vid! Looked like things got a little interesting 5:18 in. :grin2: Im completely unfamiliar with anything track related; is 400 feet in elevation changes considered significant?

·
Registered
573 Posts

Well, you can now tell how much I know about tracking. I am from Oregon, born and raised. Been through Grass Valley many times and had no clue it even had a track there. It is only a little over 2 hours SW of me. If I wasn't going to Seattle this weekend I would come check it out.

I would tell you to honk on your way through the Tri Cities (if that's the route you take? Maybe I90 to US97 instead?) but I won't be here. Unless you come through on Friday.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Well, you can now tell how much I know about tracking. I am from Oregon, born and raised. Been through Grass Valley many times and had no clue it even had a track there. It is only a little over 2 hours SW of me. If I wasn't going to Seattle this weekend I would come check it out.

I would tell you to honk on your way through the Tri Cities (if that's the route you take? Maybe I90 to US97 instead?) but I won't be here. Unless you come through on Friday.
They just built the track over the roving farm land with the natural valleys and twists. Really soft dirt with no rocks so great offs. Check it out if you can.
I go through the Tri-Cities every time I stop at Junior‘s Tacos in Pasco lol!!! Best authentic Mexican food in the state and you know why!! Here is one of my favorites is called corn zaiialla or something like that.

Attachments

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Great vid! Looked like things got a little interesting 5:18 in. /forum/images/GiuliaForums/smilies/tango_face_grin.png Im completely unfamiliar with anything track related; is 400 feet in elevation changes considered significant?
Thanks and Yes over 400 feet elevation change per lap is huge. Many tracks have just 100. Makes for interesting and even blind turns. And half pipe section really somethingof its own.

At that point you mentioned my transmission shifted on its own or maybe hit shifter with my finger when I cut the curb. And that turn is critical because if you don’t make it right you are cursing yourself all the way uphill

1 - 14 of 14 Posts