Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boom! I have proof here. And more Ferrari DNA. It does pop out of manual mode but paddles will still work afterwords in auto. Sweet. :D

~9:28+

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,946 Posts
Boom! I have proof here. And more Ferrari DNA. It does pop out of manual mode but paddles will still work afterwords in auto. Sweet. :D
I don't live or drive in England and I think the same applies to you, so how is that helping? Planning on getting a UK spec TCU and hope that it works? Maybe some forum members in the UK learned something, I dunno.

Consistent mispronunciation of Quadrifoglio.:frown2:

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Wow, I am glad I ordered my RC with light tecnicos, it looks more aggressive then the 5 hole...... at least in my opinion

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't live or drive in England and I think the same applies to you, so how is that helping? Planning on getting a UK spec TCU and hope that it works? Maybe some forum members in the UK learned something, I dunno.

Consistent mispronunciation of Quadrifoglio.:frown2:
Are you saying that "both paddles for neutral" only works on UK spec builds? That's the only detail I was really talking about. I may be wrong about paddles being effective in auto mode. AFAIK they work but computer will continue to short shift for fuel efficiency if you are not in manual. I like the fact that both paddles is the same as Ferrari F1. Just for muscle memory's sake. Good to know when admiring people want to hear you rev the engine.

The "fog-leo" hack IS really annoying. :(

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Guys, this is very easy to figure out........

Can any QV owners verify if the US spec. QV has the ability to be placed in neutral when both paddles are depressed simultaneously?

It would be cool if it is possible........

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
On US spec cars, both paddles for neutral does NOT work....I had a 2006 Maserati Gran Sport with the F 1 transmission and that did operate in that fashion ....but my Quad does NOT...hope that helps....D

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Dino, thank you so much for your quick reply and confirmation that both paddles for N doesn't work in the US QV.......

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Supporting Vendor
698 Posts
It is a shame that this doesn't work on US spec cars.

It has been speculated that the DOT rules for automatics don't allow it. The Ferrari and Maserati F1 gearbox is an "automated manual" so the rules are different.

·
Registered
167 Posts
In our market both paddles for Neutral work as in the video. However I cant work out what the heck the benefit is?

·
Registered
47 Posts
All European Giulias have this feature — you can switch to N with both paddles and you can switch to D from any position (P, N, R) with the ‘+’ paddle. It is useful when you are in a traffic jam or waiting for the traffic light to change and not want to keep the car in ‘drive’ for too long.
What I’m missing is the ability to switch to ‘R’ with the ‘-‘ paddle from ‘N’, but I guess it might be dangerous for some drivers.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,946 Posts
In our market both paddles for Neutral work as in the video. However I cant work out what the heck the benefit is?
Make stopping smoother?
Coast when you want to do so, such as when approaching a red light that you think is about to turn green.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
If it's any consolation on my UK car pulling both paddles puts it to Neutral on all variants of the engine. It is even described in our user manual. TBH its not a feature I would use much if at all so not that fussed. The ability to put car into Drive mode using Right + paddle is more useful.

What our manual says:
To engage N (Neutral): pull
simultaneously both levers.
To activate D (Drive) mode, from N
(Neutral), P (Parking) and R (Reverse): push
the brake pedal and the right lever (+).

·
Registered
149 Posts
I can also attest that pulling both paddles back does not shift my US car into neutral. It was one of the first things I tried.

Benefit? Double pull and accelerator mash, in race mode.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Awe bummer, and funny about the DNA. But alas, I suppose the US Automatics speculation is probably right. Sorry for the confusion. :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts