Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
many thanks to Paolo for referring me to his dealer.
like with his group purchases some of you have enjoyed, he came through as 'advertised" for my new "giulia on stilts" - or maybe steroids- a stelvio quad, and I have my price, and am happy this morning.

the process was a little slow, as some of you may know AR was open for orders before pricing was announced, and as of this morning the US website doesnt have a configurator, so last week the salesman and I were matching the info from the french website with the info he had at that time.
it should be easier now.

again, thanks to Paolo, who has earned a stint behind the wheel, but perhaps not at a track, and under the wife's supervision, as he apparently can get enthusiastic in his driving.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
My pleasure!

I hope you get it soon and it is the first Stelvio QV in New England!

Best wishes.....

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Congratulations!!!

had the chance to drive a Stelvio and I really liked it..especially compare to my BMW.
I can only imagine how much of a beast a QV is>:)
and now the wait begins!!!...hope it goes quicker for you with the Stelvio

·
Registered
537 Posts
Driving a Guilia back to back with a Stelvio, they drive very much the same, just has the “Giulia on stilts feel”......not so much because of the handling, more because of the high driving position.

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what scares me is that Boston magazine had an article on pot being legal in MA, and suggested you shouldn't smoke while doing kiddy carpools, but should use edibles or something discreet.
like telling people to drink vodka when picking up the neighbors kids from school.
I'd say CA went up in smoke, but we would have to add CO, MA et al as well

what bugs the heck out of me isn't that it's legal, it's that it's described as "recreational".
like playing softball, or skating, or parks & recreation.
words matter, and the wrong people keep redefining them.

·
Registered
537 Posts
^Probably described as “recreational” as opposed to “medical”. Getting off topic now though, lol.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Cool news lost! And pot on the road? Too late. I smell it wafting down the road in front of me every day. And reeking off the quasi Rastafarian tokers at the library everyday. Two rules I would like very much: wait 10 minutes before entering a public building after toking, and absolutely no toking on the road. :mad:

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,194 Posts
It is totally illegal to smoke pot or consume pot while driving in California. Currently there is an awareness campaign all over the media.

One of the scary things about weed is that while the high lasts a few hours, the mental impairment lasts several days to a week (depends on the person and dosage). This is taught in commercial driving school since if you are going to drive 5 days a week that leaves you no opportunity to consume weed except at the start of holidays and vacations. The same is true of non-commercial drivers, but there is nobody doing surprise drug tests.

As stated in yet another current ad campaign "there is a reason why it is called wasted".

It is also illegal to take certain medications and drive in California, some of those medications are available over the counter. The fact is that several of the schedule 1 drugs appear to have legitimate medical uses (TCH, LSD, and Coca) while several legal drugs that induce mental impairments are highly questionable (long term use of opioids for chronic pain control) . One of the huge problems is that once a drug is declared to be schedule 1 it is illegal for scientists to test if there are beneficial uses. Too much politics (any drug is legal if a corporation can profit its production), not enough science.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it is illegal to drive while impaired in CA.
the "cause" doesn't matter.
although I'm sure there are public defenders and paid defenders who would argue otherwise.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,116 Posts
it is illegal to drive while impaired in CA.
the "cause" doesn't matter.
although I'm sure there are public defenders and paid defenders who would argue otherwise.
Is drowsiness treated as a form of impairment?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Getting back to topic........ when is your Stelvio Quadrifoglio arriving?
What color and specs did you get?

Reactions: rjmcinnis

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
when?? who knows!
subject to being able to check the configurator when it appears, or having the salesman have time (maybe tuesday) now that his is working, it's pretty basic:

expensive white paint, because the wife likes white
red stitching and door panels, because she didn't like my green alfa with green piping
roof rails, plywood? kayak? I'd rather attach a rack to rails than the body
convenience stuff, can't remember what was on there, and I had to use the french website
android & apple, so I can find out what some peop-le think is important

I think it comes with most everything else, heated seats & wheel, high watt headlamps, that we wanted, except there was a thread about block heaters and that is a big question as the dealer couldn't find anything (then) on it.
aftermarket tow hitch, either Curt or order a euro one - not a factory option here

curious things included on the build list:
protective clear plastic film
owners manual (see thread today)
monotone paint - for what, the trofeo is there. did I miss an opportunity for factory tri-color?
edit - three additional gallons of gas - is the additional in a can because the tank is already full?
one everyone will appreciate, assembly plant part tracking

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Nice! Good for you!

I can't wait to test drive it........ within the speed limits and not at a track, of course......0:)

Reactions: lost1750GTV

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi, I'm not able to send PMs yet, so I'm posting here to try and seek some advice...I'm a Boston local looking to buy or lease a Giulia and hopefully pick up a good deal on a 2017. Herb Chambers Wayland has a great deal on a lease special, which is not a poorly equipped car, but I like the RWD Ti out in Millbury. Any advice or dealers to work with in particular? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Hi, I'm not able to send PMs yet, so I'm posting here to try and seek some advice...I'm a Boston local looking to buy or lease a Giulia and hopefully pick up a good deal on a 2017. Herb Chambers Wayland has a great deal on a lease special, which is not a poorly equipped car, but I like the RWD Ti out in Millbury. Any advice or dealers to work with in particular? Thanks in advance!
I would say work with the dealer that gives you the better deal for the car that you want...... it's all about negotiations and they are probably willing to let the 2017 go at almost any price at this point in time.........

Reactions: lost1750GTV
1 - 20 of 24 Posts