Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Broken Tire Valve

Went to my hand wash car wash and as I'm leaving the TPMS light comes on telling me I had 10 psi in the left front tire. i was on the way to the NYAROC Sunday breakfast and when I got there I saw that the valve was at a 90% angle, they must have hit it on the guide rail at the wash. The run flat worked like a charm. Went to Mavis and they couldn't be bothered(screw them for tires). Took it to the dealer yesterday and they told me they had to ship it out to a shop that has the correct machine to take off the tire. i couldn't believe that, a Dealer that can't take a tire off of a car that they sell. Anyway, the car is back and as I was thinking of swapping the runflats I'm not s sure any more. $125 later:frown2:

·
Registered
630 Posts
I haven't broken a tire valve stem yet thankfully (knocks on wood). But all 4 of the green tire valve stem caps on my car have failed in <6,000 miles. I've never had to replace a single valve stem cap in my life on any other vehicle other than when new valve stems were installed during routine tire replacement. I've resorted to robbing the bicycles in my garage as I can't be bothered to make a special trip to the auto parts store for a $0.10 part and I wanted to repair them ASAP as water exposure can lead to corrosion of the valve and premature failure resulting in rapid air loss.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Time to order something like these! $500 wheels deserve something better than $0.10 caps.

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
Went to my hand wash car wash and as I'm leaving the TPMS light comes on telling me I had 10 psi in the left front tire. i was on the way to the NYAROC Sunday breakfast and when I got there I saw that the valve was at a 90% angle, they must have hit it on the guide rail at the wash. The run flat worked like a charm. Went to Mavis and they couldn't be bothered(screw them for tires). Took it to the dealer yesterday and they told me they had to ship it out to a shop that has the correct machine to take off the tire. i couldn't believe that, a Dealer that can't take a tire off of a car that they sell. Anyway, the car is back and as I was thinking of swapping the runflats I'm not s sure any more. $125 later:frown2:

Your dealer had to send it out????....your not kidding are you...
I just had 4 new Michelin Pilot Super Sports put on my QV by my indie...no drama, no issues, road forced balanced and no nix/scratches on the rims....
Is this the Westbury Dealer???...if so telling my sister in law to look elsewhere...geeze

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your dealer had to send it out????....your not kidding are you...
I just had 4 new Michelin Pilot Super Sports put on my QV by my indie...no drama, no issues, road forced balanced and no nix/scratches on the rims....
Is this the Westbury Dealer???...if so telling my sister in law to look elsewhere...geeze
Browns in Patchogue. Run flats need a special machine i was told. It's TPMS plus the fee to dismount the tire. Mavis wouldn't do it. I bet if I bought 4 tires they would of.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,757 Posts
Hand wash with rails?

Reactions: xcfmx

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
The car is moving along but they wash it by hand. Shouldn't be hard to figure that outhttp://www.donshandcarwash.com
I've never seen such a facility. They may not be legal everywhere, so don't make assumptions.

Hand wash doesn't necessarily imply a moving car. Stationary car = no rails.

Hope you enjoy your hand job. However it's delivered. :x

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
I've never seen such a facility. They may not be legal everywhere, so don't make assumptions.

Splash in CT makes use of this method....
they have two entrances...one for the automated wash...exactly as it implies...and one for the hand wash...pull the car up..they bring it in on rails...and there are guys in rain gear inside doing the actual washing...:grin2:
wife placates me & brings the car there instead of my detailer...so she can say the car was hand washed:wink2:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Why wouldn't it be allowed in the Detroit area? This should be the least they are worried about.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I figured when i mentioned "rails" most would figure it out. Sorry for the confusion>:)

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Splash in CT makes use of this method....
they have two entrances...one for the automated wash...exactly as it implies...and one for the hand wash...pull the car up..they bring it in on rails...and there are guys in rain gear inside doing the actual washing...:grin2:
wife placates me & brings the car there instead of my detailer...so she can say the car was hand washed:wink2:
It's not perfect but with a bad back, knees and a replaced hip it beats the fully automated ones.

Reactions: MDriver

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Why wouldn't it be allowed in the Detroit area? This should be the least they are worried about.
Maybe experience with assembly line incidents, or infatuation with automation?

What are you implying about Detroit? :confused:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maybe experience with assembly line incidents, or infatuation with automation?

What are you implying about Detroit? :confused:
Joblessness, desserted areas, crime etc. I think there are many more important concerns.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Broken Tire Valve

Should we now address the elephant in the room?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Broken Tire Valve

Joblessness, desserted areas, crime etc. I think there are many more important concerns.
Social issues not really related to carwashes, and a lot has improved.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Listen, you asked what i was implying so I told you. Lets take this outside.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.