Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: MakeitRain

·
Vendor
619 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Interesting as last year I drove by a recent MY 6-series with fire coming out from everywhere under the front of the car. Being in the middle of the lane it had been on the move, before the fire. I didn't stick around to watch it burn completely but it wouldn't have been long. I think that's the only car I've ever seen on fire that hadn't been in an accident. I doubt that car had been the victim of mods or rodents.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Just had my 2011 M3 in for service recall for electrical cables behind glovebox that needed replacement due to fire risk. Can't recall exactly, but I think it was a heat issue. Still waiting on my Takata (sp) airbags! Still love the car. I'm hoping everybody gets along with each other in my garage when my Alfa gets here! The Fiesta ST may have to referee.:wink2:

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
"Ha-ha!"

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
105 Posts
Good thing my new Alfa relegated the 135 out of the garage and into the driveway :) Makes software issues seem rather trivial.....

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Wow! some of these BMWs have been on the road for almost 20 years and all of a sudden thy are catching on fire? looks more like trying to cash in on the class action lawsuit that will most likely spring up.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow! some of these BMWs have been on the road for almost 20 years and all of a sudden thy are catching on fire? looks more like trying to cash in on the class action lawsuit that will most likely spring up.
Do you really think so...? Read BMW's answer to this "problem"....They seem pretty indifferent.....

FULL STATEMENT OF BMW NORTH AMERICA ON REPORTED FIRES
With approximately 4.9 million BMW vehicles on U.S. roads, fire incidents involving BMWs are very rare. BMW takes every incident very seriously and has a dedicated team prepared to work with BMW owners, insurance companies and authorities to investigate any vehicle fire incident that is brought to our attention.
We have investigated and in some cases inspected the vehicle identified by ABC News. These vehicles span an age range of 1-15 years, accumulated mileage of up to 232,250 miles and multiple generations and model types.
In cases that we have inspected and are able to determine root cause, we have not seen any pattern related to quality or component failure. Vehicle fires can result from a wide variety of external reasons unrelated to product defect. In addition, ABC News indicated that they had some examples in other countries, but we are unable to comment on any incidents outside of the US.
May 10, 2017 :surprise:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-raising-fear-anger-owners.html#ixzz4pw3uOERl
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually.....forget indifferent....that response is downright ARROGANT !!!

Very befitting of the BMW marque......:grin2:

Reactions: SerpenteRosso

·
Registered
271 Posts
Their corporate office is arrogant when it comes to any issues pertaining to their cars. They are not the same company 30 years ago or even 20 years ago

Actually.....forget indifferent....that response is downright ARROGANT !!!

Very befitting of the BMW marque......:grin2:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Valid point however Alfa's president did go on record recently talking about the issues with software and cars that weren't updated fully.

BMW on the other hand, I do not know if you recall, they had issues with high pressure fuel pumps where customers went on 20/20 talking about cars stuck as a result of the pump failures. BMW knew about it for 3 years...If they knew about it then than take care of it! Alfa on the other hand is listening and not fooling around with the customers. Their customer care and the dealer and there for the customer.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/bmw-admits-fuel-pump-flaw-turbo-cars/story?id=11968495

At least it was a response...

Has anyone heard from Alfa?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Obviously everyone here knows I'm an unabashed Alfa fanboy....Nothing recent, I've owned at least one Alfa since I was 21 (55 now)....however, my point in posting this is to provide some balance and I am hoping to open the eyes of the people I encounter who are either unable to think for themselves, love drinking Kool Aid, or find peace and comfort in blindly following "the herd"....I'm well aware that BMW and other German car makers have made excellent cars, but it is the generalizations of German vs. Italian cars that I am unable to stomach.....D

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I you want to see how BMWs perform in first year of production and how company reacts just check the bimmerpost for the year each car was launched.....BMW sells a lot more cars and has lots more resources than Alfa but jeez what a clusterfuck collection...from rusting seats, fuel pumps, cooling fans going banzai, limp modes, drivetrain malfunctions, cracking buttons in cabin.....same goes for new c class, seats that look like they were attacked by deadly bacteria etc.....but for some reason media just brushes all of that away as no biggie......a really competitive Alfa shows up with teething problems and it is the end of the world....

BMw Audi and MB all have lots more resources (and in case of bMw and MB overcharge for cars) than Alfa and can better pamper the owners of lemons into better mood...

You can bet that alfa was initially appearing as a serious threat to their segment and that some bad press on Alfa can help them a bit

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the heads up.....just created an account at Bimmerpost.....can't wait to espouse the virtues of the Quadrifoglio and see what happens......>:)

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bimmerpost

I think this will be my first post on Bimmerpost....

·
Vendor
619 Posts
I think its just weird, you buy a car, drive it and all of a sudden turn signals are optional....

This is in my neck of the woods...all of the drivers were arrested shortly after this one made the news.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.....just created an account at Bimmerpost.....can't wait to espouse the virtues of the Quadrifoglio and see what happens......
Since you have a QV make sure you go to M3 F80 forum...one of our forum members here tried to have an adult conversation there... lolz
Specially check M3 vs. anything section.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts