Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
with all due respect my fellow Alfista,,,you need to understand the history of Alfa Romeo and I am simply going to explain in short words with all due respect to you and anyone else reading...Alfa Romeo created the letters GTA well before and car manufacturer could even dream about what it meant.
GRAND TURISMO ALLEGGERITA is not just a phrase but a work of engineering.. CAR WOW is one of the weakest channels reporting on performance cars because the gentleman are not engineers or designers or even proper drivers... they are simply journalists trying to make a quick pound...I mean the guy uses his mother to drag race cars.... the bottom line is ALFAs are exclusive and that is why we as Alfistas are exclusive....Alfa Romeo is not for everyone but to say any GTA is a mistake is far from the truth. Every Alfa in its class has destroyed every BMW, AUDI,MERCEDES on the NURBURGRING. Alfa Romeo has set the benchmark and has been the benchmark for RWD (no traction control) SALOONS WITH THE FASTEST NURBURGRING TIME EVER! You notice CARWOW only tests in a straight line? why? because that is the only way they can make the other cars win... Its all about$$$$ so dont believe what you see.... These drag races you are watching are no better than the JD POWER REPORTS you read. Anyway the GIORGIO platform has been around for 7 years and the Germans still cannot beat it on their own tract... Alfa Romeo has always led for the past 100 years and will continue for the next 100 because they are race car drivers, engineers and Alfistas with a passion for driving... something BMW will on have in their dreams....wishing all my Alfistas all the best

· Registered
2020 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
1,323 Posts
Alfa will not run this car around the ring. They know it won't break any records. It is slightly better than a QV for a ridiculous price, should never have been released.
I disagree, they sold every single one of them. Every review I've read/seen, raves about the car and how much better it is than the QF. They only made a limited number, hence the price, and THEY ALL SOLD. End of story.

· Registered
25 Posts
I think people (US) suffer too much at the absolute nature of stats! In real world reality terms, not professional test driver terms, a 0-60 or ¼ mile time is as much to do with the skill of the driver as it is with the car. Plus, no stat can quantify the value of “Emotion” that the driver feels when driving the car the way it is designed to be driven . Back in the day I had a Lancia Delta Integrale (Evo 1, then an Evo 2 10 years later) it was at the time the best car ever not because of its 0-60 or ¼ mile but because it was “Emotional” but not everyone thought so…..it was “an acquired taste”. At the time there were and still are higher quality and faster cars for the money but that was not the point, and it certainly wasn’t built to compete for those accolades. The Quadrifoglio I am now enjoying has buckets of emotion and I would wager the GTAm has even more! And that’s what it’s all about. This “base” car has more performance than you need in the real world and complements you as a non professional driver. The GTAm on the track would give us all a thrill on every lap I have no doubt. In Italian they have a word to describe it “maraviglioso”, and that’s why it was built!

· Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,566 Posts
I disagree, they sold every single one of them. Every review I've read/seen, raves about the car and how much better it is than the QF. They only made a limited number, hence the price, and THEY ALL SOLD. End of story.
Better than the qv, yes; but I think the question is it better than the competition, both price wise and performance wise

· Registered
597 Posts
I am lucky enough to have a bunch of Alfa's and a Porsche. Not once have I asked, Is my Porsche better than my GTAm? And any other combination. I use and enjoy each car and love the differences.

The GTA programme has now finished, I'm concentrating on the next 'thing'. Only reason I may sell something is I need the space, and having a bunch of cars is quite time consuming...

But, the one car I have that is my absolute keeper is the GTAm. It is emotion over logic.

· Registered
55 Posts
with all due respect my fellow Alfista,,,you need to understand the history of Alfa Romeo and I am simply going to explain in short words with all due respect to you and anyone else reading...Alfa Romeo created the letters GTA well before and car manufacturer could even dream about what it meant.
GRAND TURISMO ALLEGGERITA is not just a phrase but a work of engineering.. CAR WOW is one of the weakest channels reporting on performance cars because the gentleman are not engineers or designers or even proper drivers... they are simply journalists trying to make a quick pound...I mean the guy uses his mother to drag race cars.... the bottom line is ALFAs are exclusive and that is why we as Alfistas are exclusive....Alfa Romeo is not for everyone but to say any GTA is a mistake is far from the truth. Every Alfa in its class has destroyed every BMW, AUDI,MERCEDES on the NURBURGRING. Alfa Romeo has set the benchmark and has been the benchmark for RWD (no traction control) SALOONS WITH THE FASTEST NURBURGRING TIME EVER! You notice CARWOW only tests in a straight line? why? because that is the only way they can make the other cars win... Its all about$$$$ so dont believe what you see.... These drag races you are watching are no better than the JD POWER REPORTS you read. Anyway the GIORGIO platform has been around for 7 years and the Germans still cannot beat it on their own tract... Alfa Romeo has always led for the past 100 years and will continue for the next 100 because they are race car drivers, engineers and Alfistas with a passion for driving... something BMW will on have in their dreams....wishing all my Alfistas all the best
Please let me be clear... I think BMW makes a great vehicle...I have owned one in the past... but there is a big difference in driving dynamics, engineering and simple design philosophy between Bayerische Motoren Werke and Alfa Romeo ...Everything BMW has done from its inception has been after Alfa Romeo accomplished it. The only thing that ALFA ROMEO has not done that BMW continues to do to this day is BLOW ENGINES. BMW is just not in the same league as ALFA ROMEO. They simple do not have the racing pedigree and the engineering prowess that Alfa Romeo has. BMW makes great cars however ALFA ROMEO "makes CARS GREAT!"

· Registered
55 Posts
Please let me be clear SALES have never been the benchmark for great cars... Most drivers will never understand what it feels like to drive a piece of history. I think BMW makes a great vehicle...I have owned one in the past... but there is a big difference in driving dynamics, engineering and simple design philosophy between Bayerische Motoren Werke and Alfa Romeo ...Everything BMW has done from its inception has been after Alfa Romeo accomplished it. The only thing that ALFA ROMEO has not done that BMW continues to do to this day is BLOW ENGINES. BMW is just not in the same league as ALFA ROMEO. BMW is the same company that pumps fake sound into the cockpit to ensure you have a feal fake intake sound. They simple do not have the racing pedigree and the engineering prowess that Alfa Romeo has. Never have and never will. BMW makes great cars however ALFA ROMEO "makes CARS GREAT!"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts