Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Expecting v2 intake to come in soon which means this air filter will be collecting dust. The filter has about 1,000 miles on it. Make me an offer (PM me) and it's yours!

580 Posts
I would like to point out, that you may want to keep it at least until you make sure you like the V2 sounds. The V1 with a BMC filter is a pretty good alternative if you need to swap in the V1 for a long trip to keep the car extra quiet. The ability to swap back and forth from the V1 to the V2 is a nice feature of our system.

Greg

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Greg is just being extra cautious. If you're on a long trip, road and wind noise will be more than any noise the V2 might have. Much of my commute is toodling along at a steady 35 miles an hour through town, which doesn't produce much road noise. I can't hear the V2 at all. At the speeds you're doing on a long trip, you won't hear anything but the same tire and wind noise you would have otherwise heard with the original stock system. The way the V2 smoothed out the performance of the car is so well worth it, I now can't imagine not having it, and I'm someone who does not turn on the radio, or want a loud exhaust. I work in a noisy environment, so when I'm in the car I want a peaceful, quiet ride home. The V2 hasn't disturbed that at all.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't wait! Got already a few PMs, highest bidder gets it and i'll ship it out tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sold

·
Registered
18 Posts
I would like to point out, that you may want to keep it at least until you make sure you like the V2 sounds. The V1 with a BMC filter is a pretty good alternative if you need to swap in the V1 for a long trip to keep the car extra quiet. The ability to swap back and forth from the V1 to the V2 is a nice feature of our system.

Greg
Hey Greg,

I have a question,. I have a 2019 Giulia Q2 Base.. i am looking to get some more perfromance from the engine, however I have a really low budget, money is tight right now.

What I really want is the V2, but due to money can’t afford it right now. What I am thinking of doing is purchasing the BMC performance Air Filter and then later down the line purchase the V1 when I can afford it.. I see you mentioned this combination above, what Kind of horsepower gains can i expect from this? Will it be less than the V2?

Isn’t the V1 essentially the V2 without the performance air filter, so if I already have the BMC on my Giulia can I expect very similar horsepower gains compared to the V2?

If not, what about the V2 makes it superior over BMC Air Filter + V1?

Thank you...

·
Premium Member
2,860 Posts
Hey Greg,

I have a question,. I have a 2019 Giulia Q2 Base.. i am looking to get some more perfromance from the engine, however I have a really low budget, money is tight right now.

What I really want is the V2, but due to money can’t afford it right now. What I am thinking of doing is purchasing the BMC performance Air Filter and then later down the line purchase the V1 when I can afford it.. I see you mentioned this combination above, what Kind of horsepower gains can i expect from this? Will it be less than the V2?

Isn’t the V1 essentially the V2 without the performance air filter, so if I already have the BMC on my Giulia can I expect very similar horsepower gains compared to the V2?

If not, what about the V2 makes it superior over BMC Air Filter + V1?

Thank you...

I wouldn't be expecting any noticeable difference from just an air cleaner regardless of who makes it

·
Registered
18 Posts
I understand , I am not looking for a big change in perfomance, just like 5rwhp...

What I am trying to understand is if my horsepower gains with a BMC + V1 will be similar to HP gains from the V2 intake..

Correct me if I am wrong, but the V2 is essentially with the V1 with the stock air filter replaced with the performance one?

·
Registered
2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport
486 Posts
I understand , I am not looking for a big change in perfomance, just like 5rwhp...

What I am trying to understand is if my horsepower gains with a BMC + V1 will be similar to HP gains from the V2 intake..

Correct me if I am wrong, but the V2 is essentially with the V1 with the stock air filter replaced with the performance one?
Correct race filter. You will only see the real power gains with a tune. just adding the intake shouldn't increase power since you MAS sensor will correct the amount of air and fuel mixture to the engine thus no power gains only cool sounds under the hood.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Correct race filter. You will only see the real power gains with a tune. just adding the intake shouldn't increase power since you MAS sensor will correct the amount of air and fuel mixture to the engine thus no power gains only cool sounds under the hood.
I am just looking for an extra 10 to 15 horsepower... and maybe some cool sound.. I plan on adding a BMC Filtee and the V1 intake..

Also do you think the BMC is just as good as the filter that comes on the V2?

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,668 Posts
I am just looking for an extra 10 to 15 horsepower... and maybe some cool sound.. I plan on adding a BMC Filtee and the V1 intake..

Also do you think the BMC is just as good as the filter that comes on the V2?
Intake and exhaust would get you close to that, but a tune is really what is needed. This isn't Forza Motorsport.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts