Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so the Giulia bluetooth links up crazy fast...and the phone interface ain't half bad and works quite well...but...

Now, with the iPhone linked, I get no beep/ding/boink when I get a text. Also, at this time, there is no way that I've found to have the car read the text. I've grown used to this function in both a Honda and a Lexus, is this something missing or broken or coming with the Giulia?

·
Registered
547 Posts
OK, so the Giulia bluetooth links up crazy fast...and the phone interface ain't half bad and works quite well...but...

Now, with the iPhone linked, I get no beep/ding/boink when I get a text. Also, at this time, there is no way that I've found to have the car read the text. I've grown used to this function in both a Honda and a Lexus, is this something missing or broken or coming with the Giulia?
Mine reads the text to me if I have an iPhone 7 paired to it. If an emoji comes across it will read it as something else. Like I received an emoji and it read the emoji as "her" not sure why it was just a smiling face.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you have the phone's bluetooth selected in 'Media,' it will play your sounds as it interrupts your music. Unfortunately, your phone sounds won't interrupt other sound sources for the infotainment system... The only thing that will interrupt everything else is an actual phone call.

Same goes for other phone apps, including navigation ones - if you're expecting/needing voice prompts, you have to have your phone selected in 'Media' to hear them. Siri will work then as well. However, there aren't any buttons on the car that will start Siri, you have to use the phone button.

·
Registered
343 Posts
When it is paired to your car, siri works just like normal, but through the car. I don;t get the bings either, but if I see the phone screen light up, I just ask siri to read it to me and it does, through the car infotainment system. You don't have to touch the phone at all for it to work. I have an iPhone6 Plus. However, I can not make calls unless I go through contacts on the infotainment screen. If I use the voice activation in the car and ask it to call, someone, it leaves off the area code and the calls don't go through. It's apparently an apple/Alfa issue.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Android here, Samsung S7-
Incoming text messages emit a sound over the audio system, and a message comes up on the screen asking if you want it to read the message out loud. The sound interrupts the music.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts