Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking for months so i thought I'd post.
I'm so happy with my new Giulia i can't stop thinking about it after 1 week so far! I go on aimless drives nightly. Too bad it's been raining every day here in Vancouver and will continue to do so for another week (yes 2 weeks of rain).

I ordered like 20 things for it it's going to be like 20 mini Christmases!

Getting comfortable in it now and really starting to rip it up on the road.

I hate start/stop and turn it off everytime. It's lame!

Can't wait to see what my car looks like in the sun!

Oh, i just switched from 2015 lexus is350 fsport which was an awesome machine. But it lacks the soul this car has. My lexus was a perfect robot. V6 screams at high revs and cornered like it was on rails. Lexus tried to get me into another Lexus (altho i had heart set on giulia for 3 months already), but just sitting in them IS NX RC-F all bored me so fast. And holy moly i just saw the 2018 Camry and I'm now so super glad i dropped the IS cuz front end looks so similar it's embarassing. Loved my Lexus tho. But this Alfa gets my imagination going.

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
Looks great!

I am scheduled to pick up my Blue QF TI Lusso with Sport Package on Friday. Yours looks very nice. I am replacing a Mini Countryman. Had a 2002 Mini Cooper S before that. So, I did the leap once before to a "classic" car born again. Now, I am just hoping that Alfa succeeds in this new venture in the US and the world. There is so much good about the car that it should.

Enjoy the Giulia. Me too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new vehicle!

The car looks great in the evening time, hope to see photos it in the sun.

Just curious, what are those 20 "mini Christmases" that you bought?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Yeah, my feelings exactly. I opted out of my RC 300 AWD early. It was a beautiful car but diidn't have the soul of the Giulia.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)
Congrats :grin2:

Yup, Alfa Romeo (any Alfa) has plenty of soul. I tend to think that as character though. I fully agree that few cars have this thing called character or soul, most are just appliances.

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
805 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking for months so i thought I'd post.
I'm so happy with my new Giulia i can't stop thinking about it after 1 week so far! I go on aimless drives nightly. Too bad it's been raining every day here in Vancouver and will continue to do so for another week (yes 2 weeks of rain).

...But this Alfa gets my imagination going.
Indeed!

it’s been eight months nearly since I got mine, and those aimless nightly drives are still happening. Congratulations! Welcome to the Alfisti!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Eibach springs
Spacers 5 & 17
Wind deflectors
Carbon fiber spoiler
Alfa valve caps
Cf door handles
Cf side mirror covers
Cf rear license plate
Blue rhinestone license plate screws
Cf shift knob cover
Veloce script for side
Small metal quadrifoglio for rear somewhere
Door cups
Blue cup holder inserts
Bmc air filter

I guess that's 15. Thinking of madness lusso exhaust but ill probably wait til spring.
I may not put all the carbon fiber on but ill decide when i see everything in person. Other people's photos look great.

Ill post pics in a couple weeks when it all gets here!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
GANGSTA....:grin2:

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
welcome! yeah totally agree with the aimless driving comment.. been there lol. FSport was on my list bad i found it boring too, maybe they put the effort into the LFA

·
Registered
13 Posts
Eibach springs
Spacers 5 & 17
Wind deflectors
Carbon fiber spoiler
Alfa valve caps
Cf door handles
Cf side mirror covers
Cf rear license plate
Blue rhinestone license plate screws
Cf shift knob cover
Veloce script for side
Small metal quadrifoglio for rear somewhere
Door cups
Blue cup holder inserts
Bmc air filter

I guess that's 15. Thinking of madness lusso exhaust but ill probably wait til spring.
I may not put all the carbon fiber on but ill decide when i see everything in person. Other people's photos look great.

Ill post pics in a couple weeks when it all gets here!
Woah, that's what I call dedication! Congrats and enjoy. And yes, those blue flakes look awesome in the sun.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finally got the eurocompulsion eibach springs and spacers on. So much happier. Looked so low i was worried about scraping. However I went over a speed bump at normal speed and there was no issue. I'll listen for scraping over the next few weeks and let you guys know. (First pic is a 'before' pic.) Btw this is how it should come stock.

The rain guards (wind deflectors) I got from eBay (from poland) are super beautiful. If you look at them closely you'll notice that they are semi reflective like sunglasses instead of just tinted. Will look great in the sun! But...

It has rained every day for the 15 days I've had the car. Seriously. Maybe 2 hours of light sun. Vancouver lives up to its rep. I'm really excited for the forecast for this Sunday tho. Partly cloudy!!

I basically just rinse my car off every 2nd night at a self car wash. Today some guy complimented my car and came over with a bottle of tire shine, insisting to dress up my tires lol. Was pretty cool of him.

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
Finally got the eurocompulsion eibach springs and spacers on. So much happier. Looked so low i was worried about scraping. However I went over a speed bump at normal speed and there was no issue. I'll listen for scraping over the next few weeks and let you guys know. (First pic is a 'before' pic.) Btw this is how it should come stock.

The rain guards (wind deflectors) I got from eBay (from poland) are super beautiful. If you look at them closely you'll notice that they are semi reflective like sunglasses instead of just tinted. Will look great in the sun! But...

It has rained every day for the 15 days I've had the car. Seriously. Maybe 2 hours of light sun. Vancouver lives up to its rep. I'm really excited for the forecast for this Sunday tho. Partly cloudy!!

I basically just rinse my car off every 2nd night at a self car wash. Today some guy complimented my car and came over with a bottle of tire shine, insisting to dress up my tires lol. Was pretty cool of him.
Nice. Looks great. Really makes me want mine to hurry up and get here. I ordered the same color combo.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The wait is excruciating I'm sure. I remember not being able to sleep the day before pick up.

I'm glad I got blue. I always get various shades of silver usually. My coworkers all have white or black. I can't really get the Red (which looks awesome) cuz i still need to be able to sneak around at night lol

Enjoy your car! Make sure to get used to putting your seatbelt on before moving at all, and turning off the ridiculous start/stop everytime. I think it's the cause for people's braking complaints, and for the lag in accel after slowing down.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Somehow got stuck on silver for the last car, truck, van. The Giuli a is for me and not just the need of having a car to haul the family around so I ordered the color I really wanted. Blue being my favorite color. On order for 2 months now. I have my VIN so I am hoping it will be here sometime next month.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Man I hate the auto correct. Always wants to mess up Giulia

1 - 20 of 21 Posts