Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Giulia QV
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping someone can help me out!!!

I have an early 2018 QV. I get a intermittent error message which says Blindspot Monitoring Temporarily Unavailable and the 2 yellow triangles on the side mirrors show solid. Happens almost every other time I start it, but not always that pattern. Just when I first start it. Sometimes it comes on and the triangles turn off after a minute. It works fine when it is working (triangles not solid). It started after I removed the bumper/diffuser to clean out the rocks and debris.

I've tried disconnecting the negative terminal for 30 minutes and that did not seem to help. I used MES to check codes and nothing related to blindspot monitoring. I cleared all codes just in case. I just used the regular cable and not the blue or grey adapters. I've search on this issue and not found much especially for the Giulia. What I have found seems to suggest the sensors in the bumper might be dirty, but mine are not.

Only thing I can think of is the wire to the sensor or the connector is some how got loose maybe when removing the bumper. I know I snapped the connectors tight and I didn't put lot of tension on them. Not more than almost any other connector I deal with.

I did read one thing where someone had the dealer reset something and it seemed to correct their problem. Is there something in MES to reset something? Anyone know??? I may have to take to the dealer if I can't figure it out. But rather not have to go through the hassle. And since it only happens some times, they may not be able to recreate it and just give it back to me without it being fixed.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio
289 Posts
Hoping someone can help me out!!!

I have an early 2018 QV. I get a intermittent error message which says Blindspot Monitoring Temporarily Unavailable and the 2 yellow triangles on the side mirrors show solid. Happens almost every other time I start it, but not always that pattern. Just when I first start it. Sometimes it comes on and the triangles turn off after a minute. It works fine when it is working (triangles not solid). It started after I removed the bumper/diffuser to clean out the rocks and debris.

I've tried disconnecting the negative terminal for 30 minutes and that did not seem to help. I used MES to check codes and nothing related to blindspot monitoring. I cleared all codes just in case. I just used the regular cable and not the blue or grey adapters. I've search on this issue and not found much especially for the Giulia. What I have found seems to suggest the sensors in the bumper might be dirty, but mine are not.

Only thing I can think of is the wire to the sensor or the connector is some how got loose maybe when removing the bumper. I know I snapped the connectors tight and I didn't put lot of tension on them. Not more than almost any other connector I deal with.

I did read one thing where someone had the dealer reset something and it seemed to correct their problem. Is there something in MES to reset something? Anyone know??? I may have to take to the dealer if I can't figure it out. But rather not have to go through the hassle. And since it only happens some times, they may not be able to recreate it and just give it back to me without it being fixed.
I had a similar issue on my 2018 QV. Is MES giving you an error? With mine I recall it showed a short error that led to the indicator. The dealership ignored the actual error and replaced my BCM which did not resolve the issue. It was the indicator that was the problem. Once replaced, no more error. I edited the post to add the MES error I was able to pull from the car.

Error code:
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Slope

·
Registered
2018 Giulia QV
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a similar issue on my 2018 QV. Is MES giving you an error? With mine I recall it showed a short error that led to the indicator. The dealership ignored the actual error and replaced my BCM which did not resolve the issue. It was the indicator that was the problem. Once replaced, no more error. I edited the post to add the MES error I was able to pull from the car.
I'm not getting that error in MES. But thanks for the suggestion!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts