Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few posts about people saying their cluster went blank but I just had my infotainment screen go blank after only 2000 miles.

I tried restarting but it didn't fix it. I drove for about 2 miles and then turned the car off. Waited about 5 minutes and when I turned the car on, the infotainment screen came back on.

Anyone else experience this?

Reactions: cheborneck

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Yes, once in 8 months. Hasn’t happened again.

·
Registered
333 Posts
The last couple of weeks it has happened to me about 4 times. The dealer could not find anything wrong. The Service Manager stated, if I could to take a picture of it as that would show the car running and the screen rebooting. Naturally it has not happened since.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to try and get my software updated and see if that helps

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Started happening after I got the updates. Happens about once a week but cones back on by itself.
That's not reassuring:frown2:

·
Registered
617 Posts
I've seen a few posts about people saying their cluster went blank but I just had my infotainment screen go blank after only 2000 miles.

I tried restarting but it didn't fix it. I drove for about 2 miles and then turned the car off. Waited about 5 minutes and when I turned the car on, the infotainment screen came back on.

Anyone else experience this?

yes. same exact experience...even at the same mileage point. has not happened since.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Started happening after I got the updates. Happens about once a week but cones back on by itself.
What software version are you on?

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
123 Posts
Getting the same thing lately in the Wife's Stelvio... she hasn't done any ECU updates since purchasing the car, but for some reason lately it started happening.

·
Registered
123 Posts
it makes a weird sound before it happens...like a crazy alarm beep kind of sound, but not the proximity sensor sound. Maybe an anti-theft type of alarm?

Out of curiosity, do you guys leave the keys in the car (like laying in the center console) when it's parked in the garage at home?

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
it makes a weird sound before it happens...like a crazy alarm beep kind of sound, but not the proximity sensor sound. Maybe an anti-theft type of alarm?

Out of curiosity, do you guys leave the keys in the car (like laying in the center console) when it's parked in the garage at home?
Always take my keys with me

1 - 20 of 58 Posts