Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Chicago Alfa Romeo Owners Clubs invite you to participate in the 2018 CAROC Driver’s Education & Lapping Day at Blackhawk Farms on Saturday, June 9th. Blackhawk Farms is a 1.95 mile, 7 turn private circuit racetrack located in South Beloit, Illinois on 216 acres. The track is on the border between Wisconsin and Illinois, within 90 miles of 2 major metropolitan areas; Chicago and Milwaukee and minutes from interstate 90. CAROC has been running this event for many years, and it's always very fun and very safe. Details at www.caroc.com Come and join us and see what Giulia can do (all makes welcome)!
Marco

Attachments

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Count me in!!!

I have been to Blackhawk but never with my own car.
I'm thinking of doing a half day session. @MPMB How does it work exactly? You can be on track as long as you want in that timeframe?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Count me in!!!

I have been to Blackhawk but never with my own car.
I'm thinking of doing a half day session. @MPMB How does it work exactly? You can be on track as long as you want in that timeframe?
It would be great to have you there! There are 3 different run groups based on experience. If you have never been on the track before, I would suggest the morning session. It will include some class time with an instructor and 3 sessions of track time. The entire day is a blast!

PM me if you would like to speak live. By the way, love your profile picture...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks for sharing, I may be interested if I can fit it in. This would be my first track day, curious during the general touring sessions do they limit your speed?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for sharing, I may be interested if I can fit it in. This would be my first track day, curious during the general touring sessions do they limit your speed?
Speed is limited to keep the session safe, but it remains at a brisk pace to keep it fun while you learn the track. Hope you can join.

·
Supporting Vendor
691 Posts
CAROC is a great group to run with, I would recommend it to anyone.

I grew up attending their track days at Blackhawk Farms and their long track weekend at Road America.

Some of my first instructors were Mike Besic and Rick Dunleavy, two seriously talented racers. For a wide-eyed 18 year old it was nirvana!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Joe!! Mike is still very involved, and typically does the pre-tech on the cars (and then puts us all to shame when he gets on track...)

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Chicago Alfa Romeo Owners Clubs invite you to participate in the 2018 CAROC Driver’s Education & Lapping Day at Blackhawk Farms on Saturday, June 9th. Blackhawk Farms is a 1.95 mile, 7 turn private circuit racetrack located in South Beloit, Illinois on 216 acres. The track is on the border between Wisconsin and Illinois, within 90 miles of 2 major metropolitan areas; Chicago and Milwaukee and minutes from interstate 90. CAROC has been running this event for many years, and it's always very fun and very safe. Details at www.caroc.com Come and join us and see what Giulia can do (all makes welcome)!
Marco
Lapping is open lapping, running as a group with passing permitted on straightaways. Drivers and cars are divided into three groups based upon experience and speed potential. Cars are started individually to allow spacing. Orange cones mark the beginning and end if each "no passing" zone.
Touring is driving on the track, at a brisk pace, but with speed imitations. Roll bars are NOT required in open cars for Touring, as you wonʼt be driving at the limit. Passengers are allowed, so bring your friends and family.

A classroom driving school will be held for novices, and in-car instruction will be available.

Timing is provided at no charge. A transponder is needed, and if you donʼt have your own, they are available to rent and must be ordered in advance. A great way to monitor your progress throughout the day, or settle that “whoʼs faster” issue between you and your buddy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Blackhawk Farms CAROC Track Day

Here's a handful of pictures from last year's BFR Track day. Come enjoy with us.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Only a few days left before Blackhawk. There will be 2 pre-war cars in attendance, and they will be Touring. Come on out to see them!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts