Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hmm.. I kind of like the cf better even the the silver pops more.

·
Registered
231 Posts
On a black car, I think the silver works better. I think it does a better job defining the car as an ALFA ROMEO. That "V" is such a distinctive symbol of the car's heritage. I think it should be very visible. Black on black is very stylish these days and I do it myself, but in this case I'd leave it as it is.. I would want that "V" to pop when someone sees it in their rear view mirror (prior to it zipping around them) ...

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
As much as I don't really care for the bright trim, on any color of car, the bright against dark has it's purpose. The grill is black as is the surrounding paint.

We have a Montecarlo blue Ti, at night it looks almost black. One evening I met my wife for dinner. We each had been doing separate things, so when we met we were in separate cars, she in the Giulia, me in the 4C. After dinner we had a long drive home over a nice winding canyon road, me leading, her following. As the sun set and light failed, it was the bright V that stood out proudly saying Alfa Romeo. Had the V have been dark, her sedan would have blended in with all the Mercedes and Lexus's.

·
Registered
691 Posts
They both look good but I'd lean more towards the original.

Reactions: Montecarlo

·
Registered
80 Posts
I ordered one for my MY2017. Car is white. I did purchase the rear spoiler in CF. So I'm looking to see how they match. If all goes well, I may even order side mirror caps. Who knows, it may come close to the 2019 models for a lot less $$

Ray

·
Registered
422 Posts
What would we do without Chinese parts?

Everything would be hot-rod billet, I guess. "Merican" style.

rjp

·
Registered
399 Posts
Wow. I have the same cooler Q.V. it’s hard to say looking at pic. I’d pic the one that makes you feel best. What ever you do it will not be a bad choice.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I had my “V” painted the same color as my Stelvio, black and like it. Whatever you decide to, it will look good.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like an all black front but also agree the a silver popout is nice so I'm still undecided, and the jury still send 50/50

I may also paint it red to match my calipers but that may pop too much

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You know my vote.. either look great but I’m a sucker for CF. The weave on this is really nice, paid a bit more than 100$ on eBay.
I agree. On any color other then black I think it's the way to go, but black on black is the tricky decision imo

·
Registered
422 Posts
Pics don't really show the detail in black all that well. I'll likely do it if there's a slight contrast. Always felt the V was a bit loud.

For $20 it's a perfect experiment- also, compared to actual CF it may last longer since CF fades.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts