Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to pull the trigger on a silver Giulia and I'm already contemplating a few mods.

On my BMW I blacked out the badge (replaced the silver letters with gloss black ones to match the gloss black trim).
I'd like to do the same with the Alfa. Anyone know where I can buy black Giulia badge letters?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So far plastidip seems the only option. Not much aftermarket developed for the Alfa yet. For BMW there were several vendors selling badge numbers in all sorts of colors.

I'll post pics if I end up doing it.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I love the badge as is. It is part of Alfa's history.

Reactions: Alfa 1

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Here's my attempt. I went with flat black because it is more forgiving of my first go. There are gloss and metallic Plastidip option, but you have to special order them, and I'm hesitent about doing that kind of advanced work.

Attachments

Reactions: Bull

·
Registered
112 Posts
That looks really nice. Mind sharing your method/process?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Here's my attempt. I went with flat black because it is more forgiving of my first go. There are gloss and metallic Plastidip option, but you have to special order them, and I'm hesitent about doing that kind of advanced work.
Looks good. Did you remove and dip your existing Giulia badge or did you purchase one and dip it. If you removed and reapply how difficult was that process?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Never mind I saw your thread you started on this subject. You are way braver than me to spray that badge while attached to the car. Looks good. I'm going to remove mind and purchase new one and have it painted by a body shop.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I misunderstood you. I like the black letters. I thought you meant the round emblem. I should of read the whole thread. Sorry. I'm looking to get a clear bra put on and might ask them to matte black the emblem. I also want the Madness Monza exhaust with the carbon tips.

·
Registered
547 Posts
What I really want is to have a Carbon Fiber Giulia badge to match the spoiler. I would throw that on in a heart beat. That is the only non carbon fiber piece I have on the exterior and I agree with you it's history so I can't just remove it and leave it off. I'm holding out hoping maybe someone will come up with a carbon fiber one. If not in a few months I will get one painted gloss black to match the spoiler.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts