Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, As it's not too pleasant outside here, thought I'd entertain myself with a bit of painting. For a long time, I've wanted a nice biscione emblem on the trunk/boot lid of the car. Or, maybe on the wings. I'm not a fan of sticking 'upgrade' badges on my car.. But it would be nice to have something that indicates that it is not a standard tune, and of course it has to look at least to the casual viewer that it might just have come from the factory like that (maybe not yet :) !)

So, I cooked up a 3D design and got someone to print it, and I've just sprayed in chrome and painted with enamel. However, I'm just not entirely satisfied with what I've made so far. When I've figured out a design I like and how to do this, I'll no doubt remake it again cleaner. One thing I do know about DIY is that first attempts usually suck! Not sure if it will ever end up on the car though, it has to look right, and at the moment I'm not sure. On the left is a Chinese one I painted red, the other two are my 3D print.

Maybe it would be better to do a very different design to the normal Alfa one. Fortunately there are plenty of logos from Milan/Lombardy for inspiration.. and if anyone has any good snakes that they would like to post, that would be very helpful... thanks!
Wood Font Hardwood Games Wood stain

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't put it on the car myself but to each their own.

Having said that, these would make a very nice keychain design.
Thanks and agreed. I think I thought I'd like to put it on the car, but it just doesn't work. Another design might work though, I have a couple of ideas in mind that I'd like to sketch up. But I suspect that they will all end up as key rings :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts