Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I don’t know, but you do have to wonder if needing to then re-compress exhaust gasses back from the larger center section into the narrow, stock, rear section wouldn’t increase system pressure and/or slow exhaust velocity when compared to the uniform diameter of the stock sections.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I highly doubt it since there will be a bottleneck where it connects.....you may get some additional raspiness because of it though, but it wouldn’t be much I’m sure.

Reactions: MDriver

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
I highly doubt it since there will be a bottleneck where it connects.....you may get some additional raspiness because of it though, but it wouldn’t be much I’m sure.
^^^^what he said....putting in an "x-pipe" will def. change the sound even coming out of stock cans...and may even save a wee-bit of weight...
BUT if you want want any HP gains starts from the front and works its way back...
headers/HFC/x-pipe/new cans...complete exhaust....then you will need to tune the car a little because it will be breathing different...maybe you get 10 to 20 hp more??....
as a reference I am using my E39 M5 which has all of that from DINAN.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts