Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,469 Posts
I suppose footwear selection may help, though that's not very practical if QV is your daily driver.

FWIW, Giulia doesn't seem more scuff-prone than other cars I've owned.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I suppose footwear selection may help, though that's not very practical if QV is your daily driver.
I agree on the footwear. My QV is not a daily driver, but I rarely get to drive her, so we're taking her for our Thanksgiving trip.

I'm actually the only die-hard auto enthusiast in the house, so I'm the only one with gloves and shoes. The wife and kids (kids are home from college) aren't as careful when getting in and out despite how much I tell them to "clear the entrance" and to "keep feet flat on the carpets". They try for a bit, but then it slips their minds.

I know... it's just a car... not! :D

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love my car and love my family. I do my best to protect the car, but life happens. Unless it's a garage queen my advice FWIW is to take some deep breaths and expect wear and tear.

P.S. I wasn't always this way!
I'll get there one day :) .

It's not a total garage queen. I take her out as often as I can, but I'm usually away from home 5 days per week.

I just really cannot believe there isn't a product / solution for this, yet. If you do a web search, you can find many people looking for the same thing, but not an actual method of prevention that I can see.

I'm tempted to try some of that 3m clear-bra-spray-on stuff... on like a random piece of plastic that resembles the texture and color of my interior. That stuff is supposed to be easy to peel off when ready.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Thats a whole new level of protection:)
Giulias plastic is actually very scuff resistant at the bottom where it matters...my car is 10 months old and crema light interior, not a single scuff....I know kids might be bit more violent lol but you may not need to worry so much, specially with black interior

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Reactions: genyosai and FNM

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
maybe the wrap stuff people usually put on the outside would work well - it might need replacing, but it peals off.
I have no doubt you could also get it in that special color you selected as well.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Not sure if anybody ever watched Everybody Loves Raymond, but this reminds me of Marie keeping the plastic wrap on her sofa in the living room ...
Yes, and my car is not somebody's grandmother's living room.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
You're not the one putting tape all over the door sills of a car...Lol
I'm the one parked between the bicycles and the garbage/recycling bins.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
LOL they'll think he's the next Walter White loading 3+ hazmat suited people into the car.
On their way to the car wash:

Reactions: genyosai

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I love my car and love my family. I do my best to protect the car, but life happens. Unless it's a garage queen my advice FWIW is to take some deep breaths and expect wear and tear.

P.S. I wasn't always this way!
Common sense isn't dead after all

·
Registered
71 Posts
I get it. Looks like you used Frog tape. It also looks like you have carpet protector film instead of matts( i do too) ...I use the carpet film...it is clear and pretty heavy duty. You can put it over the sill too. I buy it at Home Depot. I grew up in a home with the furniture covered in plastic...and the living room was only for company. I get it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Good luck! I regularly max perform the number of seatbelts in the car. Luckily, I haven't had any permanent issues (so far!!!). Most problems are solved quickly - moist microfiber works great on the lower sections of the doors.

Reactions: FlyinWege

·
Registered
256 Posts
Bottom portion of the driver door panel is scuffed up oretty bad in my car. I thought about a clear matte mylar film. Have not done antthing about it. The OEM vinyl material there is pretty weak.
The green tape is a bit much IMHO.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thats a whole new level of protection:)
I know kids might be bit more violent lol but you may not need to worry so much, specially with black interior
My son wears a size 15 shoe and he can never get in and out "cleanly" lol. When he got in the car yesterday, of course he, my wife and daughter were all giving me a hard time (lovingly) and laughing... wondering what in the world was I doing. I told my son "you'll realize what it's for when you do it". Two hours into the trip, mid-sentence he stops and says "whooops! Dad, I know what the tape is for now!". I was like "you just rested your foot on the footwell, didn't you?".

It was a fun trip, and I was no where near as neurotic as I usually am in our cars.

Tomorrow (Friday) we're off to our next destination, then Home on Saturday.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts