Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a discovery to my ears tonight.

If you set the equalizer to Treble 0 Mid 0 Bass 0, you will get better sound.

The sound will be less processed, fuller, richer, cleaner, bigger soundstage, less localized.

I have a Ti, upgraded stereo system. I listen to top 40/pop, dance remixes.

The processing kills the sound when you turn up the treble/mid/bass settings. Hope this works for you.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Just trying to understand why anyone would adjust bass, mid and treble all higher? I would think you would leave one or two,alone and adjust the other(s). That is, if you like +3 bass, +1 mid and +2 treble, what’s the difference from +2/0/+1?

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
There are a few threads discussing the quality of the upgrade HK system on our forum. IMO, it's not bad, but it could be better. My #1 complaint, or wish, is for a bit more (tight, accurate) bass. I have seen posts of big subwoofer boxes in the trunk. As great an improvement that that may make, I can't give up my trunk space. If someone comes up with an upgraded (bass) driver, that replaces and fits in the OE location (with perhaps minor modification), and an addition dedicated amp that would discreetly mount, I'd consider that, for sure.

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
Different people have different preferences for their sound. Although initially I found it disappointing, the HK system has definitely grown on me.
For me, the ideal setting is to shut off surround sound (if you change no other settings, do this), turn the balance one click towards the passenger side, and boost the bass +2 and the treble +4.
After months of fussing with it, this is what makes my Ezio Bosso, Sixth Breath really shine.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Different people have different preferences for their sound. Although initially I found it disappointing, the HK system has definitely grown on me.
For me, the ideal setting is to shut off surround sound (if you change no other settings, do this), turn the balance one click towards the passenger side, and boost the bass +2 and the treble +4.
After months of fussing with it, this is what makes my Ezio Bosso, Sixth Breath really shine.
This is exact setting I have also. Seems to work well. Surround sound has to be off.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I like the surround setting. More volume power is what I want.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I also have the fader 2 clicks to the rear ....

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I tried both on my long trip. Surround and off. I found surround worked better over road noise. Off was cleaner but limited up front and surround filled in from the rear without adding too much volume level. I do have bass boosted between 3 and 4 but as a musician, musicologist, and electronic music fan (EDM et al) I think the HK system is just fine. A better sub woofer might be nice but not a huge deal with our current set up and space. Love my "larger than Miata trunk." :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts