Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you already know my wife got in to mild accidents which caused front end damage.
http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/4...rifoglio/27506-scary-moment-4.html#post439169
Here is rant begins
It has been 4 weeks since car is in shop and no ETA for car to be done since some stupid bumper clip is in back order and in 2018 they never heard about overnight or rush delivery by DHL or whoever from Italy. Even 12k estimate did not helped to make it fast and easy.
:crying:
end of rant

·
Registered
249 Posts
Oh man. I feel your pain with not having your car - and no firm date for its return. It will come back and you will enjoy it again. >:)

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I'm in very nearly the same situation since collision damaged the rear of my car. I need the bumper clip, too, and it (and/or other) parts are backordered. I've been waiting 2 weeks to get my car into the shop, so I guess I should be happy it is at least driveable. It hurts to drive a damaged, car though!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
That sucks guys....hang in there.....

Reactions: chaadster

·
Registered
630 Posts
I wonder if/ when insurance will total an otherwise repairable car because Alfa can’t support customers properly and then jack all our rates up. But something has got to give. People can’t wait indefinitely on an inept supply chain.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I feel your pain. I brought my car in so they could change the right headlight assembly, which shorted out after going through a puddle in a rain storm. $3,000 part. They had to remove the front bumper cover. Guess what? Yep, they busted the clips off of it. Now it's wall art. The problem is my car was ceramic coated and had a clear bra. Now the sales manager is trying to get them to pay for the coating and bra. I must say, the sales girl and her manager are really going all out for me. I think the problem is techs that have no idea how to work on these cars. I'll be putting a lot of miles on the Stelvio loaner.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I feel your pain. I brought my car in so they could change the right headlight assembly, which shorted out after going through a puddle in a rain storm. $3,000 part. They had to remove the front bumper cover. Guess what? Yep, they busted the clips off of it. Now it's wall art. The problem is my car was ceramic coated and had a clear bra. Now the sales manager is trying to get them to pay for the coating and bra. I must say, the sales girl and her manager are really going all out for me. I think the problem is techs that have no idea how to work on these cars. I'll be putting a lot of miles on the Stelvio loaner.
Well I got bathtub (Journey) as a rental from insurance.
Not sure why after over the year in the market parts are still not there.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
As some of you already know my wife got in to mild accidents which caused front end damage.
http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/4...rifoglio/27506-scary-moment-4.html#post439169
Here is rant begins
It has been 4 weeks since car is in shop and no ETA for car to be done since some stupid bumper clip is in back order and in 2018 they never heard about overnight or rush delivery by DHL or whoever from Italy. Even 12k estimate did not helped to make it fast and easy.
:crying:
end of rant
The Di Fatta Brothers in Balt. MD http://www.difatta.com/ are repairing a Stelvio and are getting body parts from Italy chop-chop, and for great prices. Call and ask Ed-Paul-John for a quote.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Di Fatta Brothers in Balt. MD http://www.difatta.com/ are repairing a Stelvio and are getting body parts from Italy chop-chop, and for great prices. Call and ask Ed-Paul-John for a quote.
Exactly my point. I say my local Ferrari/Maserati approved body shop just penny pinching on huge bill or just dont care.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I've been waiting 2 weeks now just for a fuel door. I guess it's part of the price of not owning a Chevy.
This is not a problem that is exclusive to FCA. To follow up on the Chevy analogy. Many moons ago I traded in a FIAT spider on a Chevy Celebrity due to a growing family (I know. Impossible to make a poorer decision)---On taking delivery of this awful navy gray sedan, I noticed that the passenger mirror was cracked and pointed this out to the salesman who said, "No problem, will get it replaced within a week." - A year later, when we unloaded this horrible vehicle, the mirror assembly was in the same state (after multiple calls to Chevy and talks with the parts manager)...

·
Registered
630 Posts
This is not a problem that is exclusive to FCA. To follow up on the Chevy analogy. Many moons ago I traded in a FIAT spider on a Chevy Celebrity
So what you're saying is we should hold FCA and Alfa Romeo to the same standard as the old GM from 30 years ago? The GM that went bankrupt because of their poor business practices?

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Exactly my point. I say my local Ferrari/Maserati approved body shop just penny pinching on huge bill or just dont care.
Probably not; why would they wait to make money? And anyway, we both are waiting on the same piece, and both got the same story: backordered. Makes sense it's backordered to me.

·
Registered
765 Posts
So the assemby of these cars has stopped because of a lack of bumper clips? I highly doubt it. Reminds me how a few years ago I was able to get a clutch master cyclinder repair kit same day for 69 Triumph GT6 at the local parts store. They had it in their regional warehouse. A bumper clip not being available is ridiculous.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,670 Posts
So the assemby of these cars has stopped because of a lack of bumper clips? I highly doubt it. Reminds me how a few years ago I was able to get a clutch master cyclinder repair kit same day for 69 Triumph GT6 at the local parts store. They had it in their regional warehouse. A bumper clip not being available is ridiculous.
Maybe the clips are available from Fastenal or similar?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I need the whole fascia. The clips snapped off.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Fellow Alfa lovers - I so feel the pain you must be going thru. This too shall end.:crying:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Truthfully, if the Techs were experienced my clips probably wouldn't of snapped off. But since you have Chrysler Techs having Alfas thrown at them this **** happens. The proverbial learning curve.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
So the assemby of these cars has stopped because of a lack of bumper clips? I highly doubt it.
I doubt that as well. More relevantly, I doubt that your body shop and mine are both deliberately delaying paid repair jobs, and using the same excuse to justify that delay. Sorry, but that just doesn't make any good, rational, sense that I can figure.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,670 Posts
I need the whole fascia. The clips snapped off.
Bummer. Perhaps the replacement has to be painted to match your car?

I haven't had a chance to examine how this is made, but other large plastic panels that I have examined have plastic tabs over which a metal clip is installed, through which a screw or bolt is installed. In some cases a plastic rivet or push in retainer is installed through a hole. The later arrangement is notorious for breaking when it is disassembled and dealers are expected to carry a large stock of replacement rivets and retainers--but in this case there is nothing that would be called a clip.

Also in my experience it is possible to make a temporary repair of broken plastic panels using HW store aluminum and a pop rivet or two. It's not pretty but it can be functional.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts