Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just passed the 1,500 mile mark, and it seems like the car is a little more responsive when accelerating. Overall it just feels a bit more lively. Is this something that's programmed into the ECU when it reaches a designated mileage? Like a break-in mileage? Has anybody else noticed any changes once they reached 1,500 miles?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,476 Posts
I thought the seats and audio system both broke in about then or 2,000 miles.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yes, the audio and seats get better for sure, as chipshot says. The responsiveness is down to the transmission learning about you and your foot size (the tire grip and handling improves as well after the wear in). Enjoy.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I've just passed the 1,500 mile mark, and it seems like the car is a little more responsive when accelerating. Overall it just feels a bit more lively. Is this something that's programmed into the ECU when it reaches a designated mileage? Like a break-in mileage? Has anybody else noticed any changes once they reached 1,500 miles?
I just hit 2,000 recently and took her on her first long road trip (6 hours each way). I tend to agree with you. Not sure if its a designated mileage or just learning your driving habits. Also, the car did great on the highway at 75-80+ for hours.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think the full throttle exhaust sound is getting better with age. Maybe some wax fell out of my ears.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts