Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any comments on best/safest way to clean the wheels on the Quadrifoglio to avoid risk of breaking down coating of the wheels? When I spoke to my dealership, they directed me to the Parts department.
The Parts department told me that even though the vehicle manual recommends Mopar cleaning products, that they wouldn't use them out of concern it could wear down the wheel coasting. I have the 5-hole dark wheel.
Thanks.

·
Registered
658 Posts
This may not be what you are looking for but I had mine ceramic coated along with the paint on the Giulia and so far the wheels clean up really easily with just soap and water. No other cleaning products required. So far I'm a ceramic paint coating believer even if I have to have it re applied every so often.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the idea. I've heard that looks great. But I was more thinking about how to clean the wheels on a weekly basis without having to first ceramic coat them.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've just used Detailing spray and a microfiber cloth and love how my dark 5-holes end up looking. Right before the winter comes I'll put a coat of wax on them (maybe try a synthetic wax).

·
Registered
641 Posts
This may not be what you are looking for but I had mine ceramic coated along with the paint on the Giulia and so far the wheels clean up really easily with just soap and water. No other cleaning products required. So far I'm a ceramic paint coating believer even if I have to have it re applied every so often.
Same here. In fact I can get 95% of the brake dilust off mine with just a garden hose with the nozzle on high pressure. Takes literally one minute per wheel.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I spend a few minutes on each wheel with wash and wax suds from my "rinse" bucket. I have had a SpeedBrush for a couple months and while it works ok and gently, the length of the bristles flings dirty brake dust water back in your face and on your clothes even when you pull it back gently to minimize this. I have crouched to the side to get out of the way but depending on calipers and spoke width, it can happen despite your best efforts. Kind of a pain but better than a worn out metal core microfiber sponge tool. I scratched my ASA rims on the Miata a bit. Not a big deal but we all notice these things. I think the answer is to get a plastic core microfiber sponge tool. This is next on my list:

·
Registered
332 Posts

Same! I can literally blow on them and the dust comes off..... not that I do that ?

·
Registered
554 Posts
I got a microfiber glove (not a mitt) exclusively to use on the wheels/calipers. I wash the car with a separate microfiber mitt, then do the wheels last with the glove. It's perfect for getting in between the 5 holes and the calipers.

Example

1 - 12 of 12 Posts