Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's getting very hot and sunny here in Louisiana. I was wondering if someone had a good recommendation for a high quality, custom fit, windshield sunshade for my 2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,403 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Go for the original

I second that. Quality USA product.

I have one of these for my Ram 1500 EcoDiesel (Italian V6 as well)

·
Registered
381 Posts
I must disagree. A roll up sunshade is for peasants. You sir, need a fold up sunscreen.

I've had both types and just find the fold-up type so much quicker to use. Regardless, you need one!

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
The issue with the fold up shades is that all that I have seen have leaks around the edges that can result in UV and heat damage to your visors, A pillar covers, and front edge of the dashboard top.

Heatshield store (originally Canvas Works) got started making helicopter protection systems for NASA in Mountain View. I have been using their products since 1983.

·
Registered
2018 Stelvio Sport Q4 Nor-Cal PRK
78 Posts
@wvedec

A third (y)vote for the Made In USA "Heathers Original Heat Shield"

The quality of their product is outstanding - this is the third car I've specifically equipped with them.

As soon as you take them out of the bag and unroll them, you will be impressed with the high grade materials that their made of.

The borders are stitched with a high grade fabric.

The reflective material is thick and highly reflective (You can choose Silver or Gold)

The core material (between the reflective material) is a thick foam, so when the the sun is beating right in them they don't fold inwards like the Chi-Com copies sold in Pep Boys, O'Reilly, Wal-Mart, etc...

They are made specifically for each vehicle model - so they LITERALLY fit like a glove.

I can't say enough about this product - once you own one, you'll want one for each vehicle.

As @lockem said, the company was started in California with an emphasis on providing window shields for Avaition, and over the years expanded to Passenger Cars as well as 18 Wheelers.

In the early 80's, they advertised. But since then, most of their business is done by word of mouth.

I found out about them from a guy that owned a private plane/Cessna and then bought one for his Porsche when they started offering them for cars.

Because they sell them on their own website and distribute them from their factory, they're not much more than the crappy Chi-Com copies that get the Retailer 100% mark up.

Since the 80's they've managed to stay in California. They source their materials in the US and hand make each one in Morgan Hill. They treat their employees well, and their employees take pride in their product.

Give them a try - I'm positive you that after your first purchase, you'll buy them for every car you have, and you'll tell your friends about them. Seriously - they're just that good!

·
Registered
558 Posts
$45 for a sunshade?

I guess you wouldn't ever have to buy one again.

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
$45 for a sunshade?

I guess you wouldn't ever have to buy one again.
IIRC they are warranted for 2 years. In my experience is that they last for 4-5 years of daily usage. Nothing lasts forever. They fit much better than the competition.

They have the form for a series 1 Jag E-type convertible because they measured my car.
Back in the 1980s many car dealers in the Silicon valley area stocked them. Back then they were in Sunnyvale.

I don't think they are managed by the original owner anymore, but the product quality is still good.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I must disagree. A roll up sunshade is for peasants. You sir, need a fold up sunscreen.

I've had both types and just find the fold-up type so much quicker to use. Regardless, you need one!
Agreed.

I have this and in my opinion it is the best one available.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Does the covercraft shade give full coverage? Saw one of the install videos, left a half inch gap near the A-pillar.
I believe there is a slight gap.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I believe there is a slight gap.
Small gaps on the side, perhaps a half inch. My last Heatshield never sat flush at the side that was rolled up tightest when stored, not to mention they start to bow after a year of use. My Covercraft is nearing year four covering a Lusso-leather dash in a hot climate where the car sits in the sun all day.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Small gaps on the side, perhaps a half inch. My last Heatshield never sat flush at the side that was rolled up tightest when stored, not to mention they start to bow after a year of use. My Covercraft is nearing year four covering a Lusso-leather dash in a hot climate where the car sits in the sun all day.
Half inch isnt ba d. As long as it doesnt leave a tan line of sorts.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I looked at the reviews on Amazon for the Covercraft and many were diametrically opposed. Some said it was a perfect fit and others said it was not. A few said that they were 3 inches too tall. I wondered if they ordered, or were shipped by mistake, a sun shield for a Stelvio. Or, maybe the company had a bad production run or mispackaged some.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
590 Posts
I looked at the reviews on Amazon for the Covercraft and many were diametrically opposed. Some said it was a perfect fit and others said it was not. A few said that they were 3 inches too tall. I wondered if they ordered, or were shipped by mistake, a sun shield for a Stelvio. Or, maybe the company had a bad production run or mispackaged some.

Yeah I saw the same. I got the pink one off amazon since another reviewer said it fit fine, so could be a certain color is not correctly sized? Pink is very subtle and goes well with the red.

·
Registered
381 Posts

Buy them straight from Covercraft. Don't go through Amazon.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts