Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, since getting the Giulia I am now obsessed with not damaging it in any way. What is the best effective non-damaging implement for the glass and paint surfaces please?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,478 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
yeah I went with the 36 and wish it was a little longer. I thought from the image it extended but that's the whole unit. If you have a taller car (SUV) you'll want longer, likewise if you don't have Mr Tickle arms you wont be able to get over the whole car with 35 :) Having said that I like this a lot.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
I considered that but didn't like it didn't have a scraper
I like having a separate scraper. That way two people can clear the car simultaneously. I have a scraper/squeegee combo that's about 30 years old that is wider than ones typically attached to brushes and allows more leverage when ice is thick.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Reactions: FNM

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Sno Brum / Snow Joe are what dealerships typically use to remove snow from cars and trucks on their lots. How would you like to have that job?

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,744 Posts
cheaper on Amazon btw.. $1.50 more than the tru tempur though do you want dem headlights :D
I see
$22.91 including shipping for true temper with 36" handle on Amazon
$17.00 including shipping for true temper with 54" handle on Amazon
$19.99 for snobrum by snowjoe on snobrum website
$18.75 including shipping for snowjoe with lights on Amazon

snowjoe and snobrum both push/pull snow while trutemper sweeps. I think push-pull is likely to work better, particularly on a windshield.
I have been using a clean soft push broom with my pickup truck. It makes fast work of fresh powder; not so good on wet or settled stuff. I'm not so sure about scratches, it is an old pickup truck after all.

FWIW: the snobrum video pops up an ad for the snowjoe unit with the lights

The snowjoe handle is telescoping. If it is well made that could be a good thing for storage. If it is poorly made it could be a source of trouble.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
The snowjoe handle is telescoping. If it is well made that could be a good thing for storage. If it is poorly made it could be a source of trouble.
That's why I went with the SNO PRO. While its 48" solid handle (removable) may not be the best for storage, it's robust and easily replaceable. Sorry, no lights.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
I used to have a Costco integrated brush / scraper. Just one thing i'd say about brushes, if they don't scratch under normal conditions that's cool but in my experience you can't be lazy and forget to bring it inside as the bristles can freeze and then they become a scratch fest. Thankfully I found out on my wives old car ;)

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,744 Posts
I used to have a Costco integrated brush / scraper. Just one thing i'd say about brushes, if they don't scratch under normal conditions that's cool but in my experience you can't be lazy and forget to bring it inside as the bristles can freeze and then they become a scratch fest. Thankfully I found out on my wives old car ;)
I would also think that it needs to be stored somewhere spotless clean to avoid scratches. Any ideas on that? Maybe remove the handle and store the brush in a door pocket? The seat backs don't seem like a good place to put a wet snow brush. I carry a lot of stuff in the trunks of my cars such that is not exactly a clean place to store such things.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts