Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Vendor
1,279 Posts
IF I may hazard a psudeo-statistical-analysis here, I think the emerging theme nationwide is:
where the dealer is not careless-about-customer-relationship,
the overall work quality is more or less a lottery.

@AlfaRomeoCares : Please note. This really comes down to sufficiency of training of your technicians @ dealerships.
Hi,

If you've had a specific dealer concern I would be happy to document this in a case for you. Please feel free to reach out.

Alison
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
2018 Alfa romeo Guilia quadrifoglio
78 Posts
Had recently brought in the giulia QV to Livermore Alfa Romeo for a check engine light regarding low fuel pressure.
1. They stated they fixed the problem with an update. Picked it up right before closing and the light was still on.

2.The next day, I brought it in and the tech that was suppose to work on my car was wearing a ford uniform. They also own a ford dealership next door and claimed that he’s new and was just trained to work on Alfa’s.

3. I kept pushing that it’s most likely a fuel pump issue, I even showed them the TSB I found on this forum. it’s finally fixed. $1500 later.

4. got home and noticed a couple of interior panels under the dash that was never put back on.

5. no loaners and they do not pay for a rental vehicle.

safe to say I’m probably going to given Walnut Creek a try next time

·
Registered
30 Posts
I went to the Livermore dealer a couple of months ago to browse new Alfas. After being redirected to "the Alfa salesperson," I found him to be nice and relatively informed about Alfas. However, by his own admission, he is more comfortable with, and focused on, their Ford offerings.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Had recently brought in the giulia QV to Livermore Alfa Romeo for a check engine light regarding low fuel pressure.
1. They stated they fixed the problem with an update. Picked it up right before closing and the light was still on.

2.The next day, I brought it in and the tech that was suppose to work on my car was wearing a ford uniform. They also own a ford dealership next door and claimed that he’s new and was just trained to work on Alfa’s.

3. I kept pushing that it’s most likely a fuel pump issue, I even showed them the TSB I found on this forum. it’s finally fixed. $1500 later.

4. got home and noticed a couple of interior panels under the dash that was never put back on.

5. no loaners and they do not pay for a rental vehicle.

safe to say I’m probably going to given Walnut Creek a try next time
waul

walnut creek will be dropping alfa soon

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,411 Posts
Alfa says they're still a dealer, but they haven't had an Alfa in stock (new or used) for the last month.
Walnut Creek Alfa Romeo's website says that they are sold out and expecting new incoming soon. Alfa Giulia is by far the least expensive car that they handle, although it is probably their "volume" car.

The Italy Covid-19 lock down and Alfa factory shutdown did disrupt the supply chain for quite a while and I would be surprised if the factory is currently running at capacity due to Covid-19 safety measures, parts supply issues, etc.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have been to Marin Alfa and Work with Erwin, mix feelings, I purchase my Giulia last month and it needed the Head lights adjusted, Brakes checks, Carbon Fiber Spoiler was coming off after getting the Car wash, this was my first trip there, they corrected everything except for the Spoiler saying it was an after Market add on, then when I pick up my Car, there were finger prints all over the Car from the technicians. I purchase the Giulia from Nissan in Vallejo who was not able to correct the issues I had. They setup the appointment with Wal Nut Creek, but I choose Marin instead, my mistake, and that's how I met Erwin. Once I arrived home I notice two oil stains inside on the over head, which I called and sent photo's to Erwin, who said bring it back and we will take care of all of it. so I did and it was clean up both inside and outside this time. I ask about one of menu option and Erwin did not know, and then he said that it really dose not do anything his exact words Exactly. I called Wal-Nut Creek and talk to Keylee I believed that was her name, I ask the exact same questions to her and she went out to another Giulia and went through the process and explain it all to me, which work out great. She put me in contact with Derek who I may take my Car to moving forward. Hope this Helps

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have a Morning appointment on this Monday with Derek in Walnut Creek to check out the Auto Start and Auto Stop, I also heard some wind noise blowing through the driver side dash I believe, that he is going to be checking. I will update the :unsure:Forum on Tuesday 18th 2021

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a Morning appointment on this Monday with Derek in Walnut Creek to check out the Auto Start and Auto Stop, I also heard some wind noise blowing through the driver side dash I believe, that he is going to be checking. I will update the :unsure:Forum on Tuesday 18th 2021
If your auto start stop does not work it’s a indicator that your battery is too weak you need a new battery…

·
Vendor
1,279 Posts
Hi there,

We heard you were working with one of our dealers! Please feel free to keep our team updated on the status of your visit and let us know if you run into any concerns. I hope they are able to get everything resolved smoothly.

Thanks!

Courtney
Alfa Romeo Cares

·
Registered
22 Posts
SPG, that what Derek of Wal-Nut Creek said, and he will verify that on Monday, thanks for the reply.
AlfaRomeoCare, thanks for chiming in, I will keep you informed of the out come with Wal-Nut Creek and Derek.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Has anyone experience this feeling in the Drive Seat, sometimes it's like your leaning towards the Passenger Seat man its strange.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Update on Services with Wal-Nut Creek Alfa Romeo Service Department (Derek), who advise me that the issue was do to a low Battery. Here is the results, the Battery was low as he stated, I remember that the Hood Release did not work as work well, lots of play, it was check out also. I was told that there are two adjusters called Hood Bump Stops for the Front Hood, which were adjusted to the correct position so the Hood Release issues was corrected. Derek also said that the Hood issue might of had something to do with the Auto Start Auto Stop Alert! Symbol appearing as well. During the inspection they found out that the Computer was throughting a open Driver Door, but the Door was close. A Front door release needed to be replace, so that part is on order and will install once it arrive. All in All, Five Stars for Wal-Nut Creek Alfa Romeo Service Department. 😘😎 Much Love for a honest High End Service Department. P.S. I was issued a Renter Car at no charge to me, and they Wash and clean my Car as well so not a bad Job I'll say.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Has anyone experience this feeling in the Drive Seat, sometimes it's like your leaning towards the Passenger Seat man its strange.
Not here…

But you may want to follow this thread

Seat movement-clicking under lateral force
https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Egiuliaforums%2Ecom%2Findex%2Ephp%3Fthreads%2FSeat-movement-clicking-under-lateral-force%2E49880%2F&share_type=t&link_source=app

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Took my car yesterday to Stevens Creek Alfa (Autonation Alfa Romeo Stevens Creek) regarding my cracked (third time!) windshield. No work started yet, but the service advisor was reasonably mod understanding and friendly. Windshields once again are on backorder <sigh>.

It appears that they have only 1 tech.

Even so, the business appears to be booming. They probably have picked up all of the slack created by the shut downs of Niello, Dawydiak and Walnut Creek.

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
852 Posts
Took my car yesterday to Stevens Creek Alfa (Autonation Alfa Romeo Stevens Creek) regarding my cracked (third time!) windshield. No work started yet, but the service advisor was reasonably mod understanding and friendly. Windshields once again are on backorder <sigh>.

It appears that they have only 1 tech.

Even so, the business appears to be booming. They probably have picked up all of the slack created by the shut downs of Niello, Dawydiak and Walnut Creek.
If you worked with Hannah, she's great! Let me know next time you're in the are, I'm like 1 mile from that dealer.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
If you worked with Hannah, she's great! Let me know next time you're in the are, I'm like 1 mile from that dealer.
No, I talked to Michael. Hannah was busy yacking with a friend about Maserati.
If you are that close to them I am surprised that we have not crossed paths already. OTOH, I don't drive around the neighborhood much.

21 - 40 of 88 Posts