Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently discovered the g-meter on the instrument cluster in Dynamic mode. What a cool toy!
What is your highest "g" reading? So far, mine is 0.73 on my first try. I hope to hit 0.90 as a goal.
Keep this thread going as you break your own personal best!

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,797 Posts
Aren't there better instruments/recorders for people who are serious about such details?

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
It's silly and useless. But fun. I hit .87 going around an entry ramp onto the expressway. You know you are getting serious when it starts to flash and the outer rings light up.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Do Giulias have "black box" data/event recorders?

·
Registered
7,797 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Yes they do and it can be used against you by your insurance company. :(
Lots of privacy issues involved here as you own the data being your property. I would also like to point out dealerships are having a hard time getting software updates correct on this car I highly doubt insurance companies would spend the time and resources to pull data off a blackbox recorder haha.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,953 Posts
Perhaps or perhaps not. Some states have passed legislation on this with varying rules.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/teleco...rivacy-of-data-from-event-data-recorders.aspx
A court order works around the rules and that is likely to happen in any kind of injury accident. It least one is protected against random snooping by law enforcement and/or insurance companies, at least in the subject states.

The information should be supplemented with dash cam recordings. To have a proper picture of what happened during an "incident" the minimum is to capture everything that was available to the driver. Otherwise the results can be misleading.

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
805 Posts
I see the red dot moving around off the center. Where does the reading show?
It kinda wanders until you actually generate some g force (above .5, I believe) then you'll see a direction bar with the value popping up along side.

Can actually record two G vectors in some cases, like a quick S turn.

BTW, my max number was on new summer tires, cornering on flat mountain road, and a 2nd time, making the right turn onto a boulevard near my house. Pulled a 1.01 on the new rubber. With the stock Pirelli Runflats, only got up to .87G

Reactions: ChiGuy
1 - 20 of 31 Posts