Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I leased from a So Cal dealer but will service in the Bay Area. What service dealer do you recommend? San Francisco, Burlingame, Berkeley, Walnut Creek or San Jose?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have been to Burlingame twice. First time was a disaster, they told me to call back in a week. I called back in two days and picked up the car. I told them when they are ready to do service and diagnostic the same day, I'll call them again. Went back for the infotainment update, at they did it in 3 hours. Having said that, I'm not sure if it actually happened. Software versions are the same and nothing changed in the software.

I have also talked to San Jose for my next service. I went there and they showed the service department (looked great, it's a Maserati dealership), they said they are ready and gave me a phone to call to schedule. I contacted them later and they told me that their technician is being trained and will start end of July. I contacted them to check if they have started scheduling, and they have. Not sure of the quality yet, but I didn't like it that they lied the first time about being ready. I'll give them a chance to prove me wrong soon.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Burlingame is not "Giulia" worthy. I love the car but it is sitting with them for a week and they haven't bothered to call me with an update. Worse is, even Alfa Romeo Premium Care called me and says "They can't reach anyone at Dealer/Service Center so wait till tomorrow"..Completely unacceptable.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks for starting this thread. Emeryville resident here, and I also leased mine from SoCal. I haven't serviced mine yet, but will also be looking around Bay Area options when it does come time for a service.

hk333- really appreciate you sharing your experience at Burlingame. Will definitely stay away from there.

I did a test drive of a base Q4 at Berkeley, and while the sales staff at their Italian marque's showroom was very professional and friendly to work with, the finance manager at the main FCA building next door was remarkably abrasive and drove me away from completing a deal at that dealer. Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise though, as I ended up leasing a Ti from our favorite SoCal dealer.

While testing driving a Giulia at the Berkeley location, I did see several Volvo and Grand Cherokees at the service department drive out of the service bay with just filthy exteriors. It hadn't jumped out to me until I heard someone who was collecting their Jeep ask 'where can I get a car wash around here?'.

The Berkeley sales staff mentioned that a car wash is complimentary on all Alfa's. Beyond that, the only other times they offer car washes at their dealer is for Jeep owners who subscribe to Jeep's maintenance plan. Apparently, Volvo's don't qualify for free car washes at their service department.

I was a bit surprised by this, coming from a Jag where a wash and interior detail is the norm for every service visit unless the owner specifically declines the option for fear of paint damage.

Anyways, if car washes are important part of the service, I'd stay away from the Berkeley service department, as it sounds like their service staff aren't accustomed to providing car washes, plus you'd also risk subjecting your new Alfa to the same wash material used for cleaning mud off Jeeps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I might also think about Stevens Creek for the next service.

I didin't get mine washed as well. I think a lot of it is to do with Fiat/Chrysler been the original showroom. AR might do better to either upgrade these dealers or stick to luxury car dealers because the current situation is kind of leaving a sour taste for everyone who has given their car for service....

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,915 Posts
I might also think about Stevens Creek for the next service.

I didin't get mine washed as well. I think a lot of it is to do with Fiat/Chrysler been the original showroom. AR might do better to either upgrade these dealers or stick to luxury car dealers because the current situation is kind of leaving a sour taste for everyone who has given their car for service....
Please let us know your experience with the Maserati of Stevens Creek service department. They would be very convenient for me to use. Their online feedback is terrible, but that can be caused by bias and/or temporary issues (e.g. a now fired employees, etc). There didn't seem to be any complaints about the actual work, just the front desk/management.

Maserati of Stevens Creek is under the "Autonation" umbrella, which includes the huge Mercedes dealership next to them.

Still waiting for my Giulia Ti Q4 order to arrive: ETA roughly Dec 1.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sure thing. For now, I am waiting for my car to be back. I think the problem is most dealers have 1 person attending Giulia and if that person is super-busy, good luck getting it back within a day.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I picked up my car from walnut creek maserati. I haven't had service done yet but even their sales folks answered my technical questions so I'm optimistic for getting service done there.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Am having my TI serviced at Stevens Creek right now. Took it in for 11AM appointment on Thursday 12/28 ( 1st oil change and updates) It took 3 weeks to get an appointment as they had not yet been certified to do the updates. We called Thursday PM to see if car was ready. They had not started it yet and we were 3rd in line for updates. Told us it wouldn't be ready until Tuesday 1/2/ 2018( holiday and weekend included). Offered to get a rental for me. Went to Enterprise and they said Alfa would cover $35/ day rental which would get a Ford Focus ( from an Alfa to a Focus?????) Paid + $20 / day to get a Jaguar. Jaguar does not compare to my Alfa so I turned it back in the next day ( didn't want to pay for Jag sitting idle for 3 days (weekend and holiday). Waiting to see if mine is completed Tuesday. Hopefully the service is worth all this hassle.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've been more than satisfied with McKevitt in Oakland. Drop off is a bit tight and inconvenient but they aim to please. Always got a follow up from the service manager. I can't imagine they give their Fiat and Chrysler owners the same kind of attention, but maybe?

·
Registered
68 Posts
has anyone serviced a quad in the bay area?

i found mckevitt sales to be rather uninterested in their alfas and would not purchase from them. that's obviously not necessarily a reflection upon their service dept.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Am having my TI serviced at Stevens Creek right now. Took it in for 11AM appointment on Thursday 12/28 ( 1st oil change and updates) It took 3 weeks to get an appointment as they had not yet been certified to do the updates. We called Thursday PM to see if car was ready. They had not started it yet and we were 3rd in line for updates. Told us it wouldn't be ready until Tuesday 1/2/ 2018( holiday and weekend included). Offered to get a rental for me. Went to Enterprise and they said Alfa would cover $35/ day rental which would get a Ford Focus ( from an Alfa to a Focus?????) Paid + $20 / day to get a Jaguar. Jaguar does not compare to my Alfa so I turned it back in the next day ( didn't want to pay for Jag sitting idle for 3 days (weekend and holiday). Waiting to see if mine is completed Tuesday. Hopefully the service is worth all this hassle.
Wait, Maserati / Alfa of Stevens Creek took your car?!!

I called them on Dec 15th to try to schedule repair of my interior trim that came broken. They told me they're not certified / authorized to service Alfa Romeo-branded cars yet and they'd call me back when they receive certification.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Keep us updated on this. My girlfriends boss had to have his Giulia towed to another dealer since Stevens Creek was not certified.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wait, Maserati / Alfa of Stevens Creek took your car?!!

I called them on Dec 15th to try to schedule repair of my interior trim that came broken. They told me they're not certified / authorized to service Alfa Romeo-branded cars yet and they'd call me back when they receive certification.
I had my car serviced there a couple months ago to get all the updates. It took a little over a week, but they did it. And I coordinated with Alfa Cares, so I'm surprised they are saying they aren't certified now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Am posting this under birdieben but I am bende1898- just got my Alfa back from Stevens Creek- 1st oil change and all updates completed- they were just certified early December. They were all very cordial and answered all my questions cheerfully. They said to call at least 10 working days in advance for all service work- right now they only have one certified person so it is slow going.

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
I suspect that Steven's Creek Alfa had 1 Alfa trained tech, he left, then there was a gap of time when they could not service the cars through some point in Dec. Given the relatively small number of these cars about, this kind of situation should not be surprising.

Please keep posting regarding experience with this outfit. They are extremely convenient for me, although I do not have my car yet (expected sometime this month! == 1 month later than expected).

·
Registered
261 Posts
I would highly recommend the San Francisco dealer for sales, service, repairs, body work, or anything else related to Alfa Romeo vehicles. They are extremely professional, they have the requisite expertise, and they know what they're doing. And, no games of any kind.

My Quadrifoglio was badly damaged after being rear ended back in October and the entire back end had to be rebuilt, and the exhaust system was completely replaced. I was worried that the car would never be the same. But the folks in San Fran did a magnificent job, and the car is perfect. They even matched the paint on the new trunk lid and new rear bumper perfectly. You would never know anything had happened. Major good job. Amazing, really.

And throughout the process, they communicated with me regularly, and nary a bit of BS along the way. They're a real class act. And get this...no joke...I asked them to go ahead and do an oil change, since they already had the car busted open, and I had driven my inaugural 2000+ break-in miles...so they did the oil change at NO charge. No kidding. In all fairness, they made a LOT of money on the repair job, but still, a complimentary oil change is above and beyond what I'd ever expect from any auto service center.

I know San Francisco is not convenient for folks in the South Bay and East Bay, but if you want to be treated with respect and work with an organization with integrity, you can't do better than Cars Dawydiak in San Francisco.

Reactions: Roo

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
Thanks for the review. I find San Francisco to be an extremely hostile place to drive a car (was your accident in SF?), such that I always take BART to visit and even then my visits are years apart. Parking is a severe problem throughout the city, how is the parking at the dealership?

On street parking is fine at Steven's Creek Alfa, although their off street parking is rather tight (FWIW: you can park at the Merc dealership next door--same owner). Burlingame Alfa has pretty bad driving and parking issues. I haven't been to the other bay area locations.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.