Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had searched and can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere for recommendations for good aftermarket rear spoiler for my Veloce. The dealer wants $4,000 for one (OEM QV spoiler) but that's offensive as we all know.

So have seen these so far:

Madness, $349USD would be probably the most reliable, but I'm in Australia and the USD and shipping will kill me: https://madnessautoworks.com/2018-A...glio-style-gloss-finish-feroce-carbon-pid7677

eBay one looks pretty good: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Alfa-Ro...er+spoiler&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

eBay as well, 21 sold so far: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Carbon-...er+spoiler&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

So the question is, does anyone have good reccomendations for a supplier that is as good as perfect match for the QV spoiler in size, width, finish and carbon pattern?

Thanks!

·
Registered
857 Posts
I have that eBay spoiler. I checked the seller name “unopery” and it matches as well as the Hong Kong location. I’m in USA and I paid around $127 as I recal, with free shipping. It looks fine and has a nice smooth finish. The tape that comes with it is worthless so I bought some 3M tape. I think it was worth the money.

Reactions: jnsd

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have that eBay spoiler. I checked the seller name “unopery” and it matches as well as the Hong Kong location. I’m in USA and I paid around $127 as I recal, with free shipping. It looks fine and has a nice smooth finish. The tape that comes with it is worthless so I bought some 3M tape. I think it was worth the money.
Ok awesome, would love to see some pictures, especially how close to the edges it gets, I was just in the dealership this afternoon and took some close-ups of the QF carbon pattern and how it sits (as best I could, lots of reflection!)...

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Yamato is very good. Do you want best or cheapest. the ebay stuff is fiber glass with a CF look. My Yamato is real carbon fiber. You pay for what you get.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Here are a few pictures of that ebay spoiler as fitted on my ti Sport (Veloce)... If you want some closer up shots I can take them.

Attachments

Reactions: Nicb and jnsd

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yamato is very good. Do you want best or cheapest. the ebay stuff is fiber glass with a CF look. My Yamato is real carbon fiber. You pay for what you get.
Didn't know eBay stuff was fibreglass? I've been dealing with Chinese manufacturers for hockey sticks for the last few months and they're using authentic Japanese Toray T700 carbon, lots of factories around over there pumping out authentic carbon parts.

Reactions: HarmanKardon

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
By all means, buy the Chinese ones. Last year when i got mine i researched them and heard stories of shoddy build. Real news.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Sure...you heard stories huh...
Yomato was driving nuts bunch of people on this forum with shoddy quality and 4 times the price...there is like a mile long thread about it on this forum

There must be 100 members on this forum with SD made spoiler, resold theough at least 20 ebay chinese sellers and the quality is just fine, it of course isnt 3k like original but neither is your overpriced Yomato...

So i stand by my comment that bashing 4 times cheaper product that you had bad experience with but 100s didnt all the while marketing overpriced product with **** customer service is fake news...

Chinese make lots of **** things but this one isnt exactly one...

So enjoy your Yomato but try to stay objective

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here are a few pictures of that ebay spoiler as fitted on my ti Sport (Veloce)... If you want some closer up shots I can take them.
Thanks for the pics, looks great!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I got this one from madness (feroce, all cf version). I'm very happy with it. Gloss/ceramic type finish was great, and pattern looks consistent. I think it has the same rear edging as oem (not all do). One thing that is different, it's wider - sits across entire trunk. I like this look too. It ended up getting another layer of ceramic when I had the rest the of car done.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got this one from madness (feroce, all cf version). I'm very happy with it. Gloss/ceramic type finish was great, and pattern looks consistent. I think it has the same rear edging as oem (not all do). One thing that is different, it's wider - sits across entire trunk. I like this look too. It ended up getting another layer of ceramic when I had the rest the of car done.
They look great, little expensive for me however when I convert the USD to AUD and ship it here unfortunately.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, pulled the trigger on a whole lot of goodies from China. I'll report back when they're here and let you all know thoughts.... Let the mods begin!

Reactions: juz

·
Registered
857 Posts
I think that you will like the spoiler. As you could see in my pics earlier in the thread it doesn't look bad, in fact it looks very decent. It may not be solid CF but it looks the part and if it lasts a few years that's fine. I'd be interested if the tape that you get with it is any good. I tried to use it but found that it was all gooey and wouldn't unroll properly, maybe got too warm in transit, or on my front porch in 90+ F weather when they delivered it. The other thing is I believe it took about 3 weeks to arrive from Hong Kong :frown2: What else did you purchase?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think that you will like the spoiler. As you could see in my pics earlier in the thread it doesn't look bad, in fact it looks very decent. It may not be solid CF but it looks the part and if it lasts a few years that's fine. I'd be interested if the tape that you get with it is any good. I tried to use it but found that it was all gooey and wouldn't unroll properly, maybe got too warm in transit, or on my front porch in 90+ F weather when they delivered it. The other thing is I believe it took about 3 weeks to arrive from Hong Kong :frown2: What else did you purchase?

I did the best research one can do before purchasing these goodies! Went with a Chinese direct manufacturer. So will see if it’s any good soon!

Got carbon mirror covers, carbon gear shift strip, Alfa logo under door welcome lights that shoot on the ground, blackout Giulia rear trunk logo, and am about to grab the front V grill carbon!

Making some bigger decisions on rear diffuser with twin pipes! Might be too much.

Fine line between classy and lame! Basically just adding QV bits and authentic Alfa bits... just from China lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
204 Posts
If you're getting the rear spoiler and the front V grill, lemme know! I wouldn't mind to see what they look like!

I've got CF mirror caps and gear cap, and the remus catback if you want to listen to the tone difference.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you're getting the rear spoiler and the front V grill, lemme know! I wouldn't mind to see what they look like!

I've got CF mirror caps and gear cap, and the remus catback if you want to listen to the tone difference.

Awesome. Will update you all. That’s why forums are so important to enthusiasts!

I’ll take good photos and measurements.

Did the gear cap stick on or did it get installed properly by taking off existing cover? That’s what concerns me is that the interior parts they all sell seem to all be stick on instead of proper replacement parts like you’d get from the dealer.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Did the gear cap stick on or did it get installed properly by taking off existing cover? That’s what concerns me is that the interior parts they all sell seem to all be stick on instead of proper replacement parts like you’d get from the dealer.

Mine replaces the existing piece. A pain to get on, but once on, its pretty slick!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I did the best research one can do before purchasing these goodies! Went with a Chinese direct manufacturer. So will see if it’s any good soon!

Got carbon mirror covers, carbon gear shift strip, Alfa logo under door welcome lights that shoot on the ground, blackout Giulia rear trunk logo, and am about to grab the front V grill carbon!

Making some bigger decisions on rear diffuser with twin pipes! Might be too much.

Fine line between classy and lame! Basically just adding QV bits and authentic Alfa bits... just from China lol

Where did you order the blackout Giulia rear trunk logo from ?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Where did you order the blackout Giulia rear trunk logo from ?

That was an eBay purchase. It’s the only one I could find anywhere. So I went for it. It’s cheap enough that I’m not concerned if it’s crap.

I’m pretty sure the new carboni QV has a black Giulia logo and carbon mirrors and looks

1 - 20 of 31 Posts