Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure how the second Saturday of the month suggestion went over with the group but one week heads up for another Nob Hill lot gathering.

Saturday, March 10th @ 9:00am

Nob Hill supermarket
270 Redwood Shores Pkwy
Redwood City, CA

Bring your Alfas or your other cool cars. See you there!

:grin2:

·
Registered
190 Posts
As of right now, we’re not going to Tahoe (despite arguably the best conditions all season). That may change before Saturday, but I’ll be there if we’re in town!

·
Registered
187 Posts
My QV arrived at the Port of San Diego on 2/21, but still hasn't arrived at the dealer, even though I was told it would take 7-10 days to arrive. Alfa Care informed me today that ETA is 3/7 - 3/11 so if my car arrives in time to make the trip up to Redwood City, I'll see you there. Otherwise, I'm in for the next get together (assuming my car isn't in the shop getting Ceramic Pro and window tint at that time). Looking forward to meeting other Bay Area Alfa folks!

·
Registered
190 Posts
My QV arrived at the Port of San Diego on 2/21, but still hasn't arrived at the dealer, even though I was told it would take 7-10 days to arrive. Alfa Care informed me today that ETA is 3/7 - 3/11 so if my car arrives in time to make the trip up to Redwood City, I'll see you there. Otherwise, I'm in for the next get together (assuming my car isn't in the shop getting Ceramic Pro and window tint at that time). Looking forward to meeting other Bay Area Alfa folks!

If it’s not too far for you, you should come even if you haven’t taken delivery!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Will be in Maine for a wedding. Will have to catch the next one!

·
Registered
122 Posts
did anyone here get their car from AutoNation Stevens Creek in SJ??
Did a Test Drive, tired to order one to my spec's. They would not make the order, tried to sell me the QUAD they had on the lot for 10K over sticker. I when back a month later and got the same run around, and emails got no response.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Did several test drives there. Went there to purchase my Ti, they had none in stock. Didn't offer to search other dealers for the one I wanted. I went on line and found the one in Walnut Creek and went there and purchased it that day. Had my first service done at Stevens Creek( they finally had a trained service person) and was pleased with the results.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Went there in May 2017 and test drove a Q4. At that time, they couldn’t custom order cars, so I ended up ordering from OC Fiat in SoCal

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Thanks for the Feedback

reason I asked is that I was in the area 1st week of Jan. visiting my brother.
he liked my QV but didn't want a QV, so we went to that dealer to look at a Ti Q4, sales lady was nice enough but you could tell that were just not up to speed in the information about the car, they had a nice Monza Red one outside the doors but it lacked a bit of kit that he wanted....
might have to tell him to steer clear of that dealer and look elsewhere..

funny thing is that with my last car (2016 BMW 340x-drive M-Sport) I got it from an AutoNation dealer and they could not have been nicer....they actually found our car at a sister dealership in PA and traded them for it...
I suppose it just comes down to the people running the store:confused:

·
Registered
122 Posts
reason I asked is that I was in the area 1st week of Jan. visiting my brother.
he liked my QV but didn't want a QV, so we went to that dealer to look at a Ti Q4, sales lady was nice enough but you could tell that were just not up to speed in the information about the car, they had a nice Monza Red one outside the doors but it lacked a bit of kit that he wanted....
might have to tell him to steer clear of that dealer and look elsewhere..

funny thing is that with my last car (2016 BMW 340x-drive M-Sport) I got it from an AutoNation dealer and they could not have been nicer....they actually found our car at a sister dealership in PA and traded them for it...
I suppose it just comes down to the people running the store:confused:
Was it a young Asian woman? When I had my test drive she barley knew more then I did. I do know they were under staffed, they could not keep up with the test drives and questions. If you were not buying, you got dropped real quick.

Have your brother look at using a broker like Cartelligent, let them deal with the dealer hassle.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Was it a young Asian woman? When I had my test drive she barley knew more then I did. I do know they were under staffed, they could not keep up with the test drives and questions. If you were not buying, you got dropped real quick.

Have your brother look at using a broker like Cartelligent, let them deal with the dealer hassle.
no it was not, I remember 2 things, there were only 2 people in the dealership at the time and I remember that at the time they had a white Ghilbli in the showroom as well as a white Alfa Q2 fully loaded, they stood out as they were next to it other.....
thanks for the tip will pass it along

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree with much of what was said about Stevens Creek Alfa. There were only 2 people there when I went to test drive. They were working with a guy who was looking at a Maserati and telling them he needed to talk to his wife before he made a purchase. They were trying to bully him into buying right then and there and challenging his manhood in needing to ask his wife for permission. I could overhear it and was annoyed. I on the other hand was ready to make an offer and purchase the fully loaded black TI sport they had in the showroom but the salesperson kept pushing me out the door saying he'd have his manager contact me later. I even told him I would not be back once I left. They emailed me a few days later but I had already found another TI Sport elsewhere with more helpful salespeople. So far I've heard only the same stories about the poor customer service at Stevens Creek. It's a shame they're doing the brand a disservice.

See you guys & gals tomorrow morning. My car is filthy again! Yay!

·
Registered
122 Posts
So is anyone planing on meeting at our usual spot this Saturday at 9AM? I can stop by for a little while, I'm heading out of town that afternoon.

·
Registered
90 Posts
So is anyone planing on meeting at our usual spot this Saturday at 9AM? I can stop by for a little while, I'm heading out of town that afternoon.
I've got an appointment to get my windows tinted close by there at 10, so I'm in for a little while if you all are going to be there.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I might be able to join. I'm currently out of town but should be back in the Bay Area on Friday afternoon.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts