Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its getting down to the wire for my car to arrive, and after hearing all the initial reliability concerns; coupled with actual real world problems... Im starting to get very nervous, and seriously considering to back out. My Q should be arriving this month or next month (order made around Jan/Feb) and just seriously concerned. Most of the stuff I've seen have been fixed with software updates, but after reading that last post about the car shutting down on the freeway at 75mph I would have to be remiss to just go into this purchase now. Sounds like some regret buying this car... How do the rest of the owners feel?

·
Registered
118 Posts
and the ones with problems are usually more vocal.... so online "alone" is not usually a fair representation. There are BMWs that catch fire and burn houses down... repeatedly reported.. yet BMW keeps selling them.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Best car ever

My Giulia Quad is the best car I've ever owned....and I've had some nice cars....4 other Alfas, 2 Maseratis, S Series Audis.......ALFA BABY ....ALL THE WAY

·
Registered
94 Posts
Absolutely no regrets. Problems? Yes, but they are getting handled. I've never owned a car that i loved more that my Quadrifoglio. New to Alfa, and will never buy another car on this level unless it's an Alfa.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I absolutely love my Alfa Quad and have NO regrets whatsoever. It's very enjoyable to drive and the fact that it's somewhat "exclusive" is also something I like. Sure, there will be some quibbles/gremlins - that is expected given the first iteration of the car. The only things that are bothering me is that there are no winter tires available yet (as per Tirerack) and there are no wheel locks.......LOL. I'm about 660 miles and counting.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the input gents.. as many have said before, this is an invaluable wealth of knowledge here. So glad to hear everyone is still loving the car and more importantly have no regrets.. Once again it would seem this money is starting to heat up, and pockets are showing signs of singe... :)

·
Registered
576 Posts
Would absolutely buy my Quadrifoglio all over again. Fabulous car.

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
56 Posts
Same here

One of the best cars I've ever owned. The experience is just surreal. Once you drive one, you'll never get that feeling out of your blood. It has true Alfa magic

Having said that, I did have the notorious "service electronic throttle control" "check engine light" come on recently that relegated the car to limp home mode. Luckily, I made it from Lime Rock to home and the dealer had the car repaired the next day. Just a quick code check and clear.

Apparently, the car gets confused if you try to do any left-foot braking.

You would have to make me a very tempting offer for me to get rid of my Quad. I absolutely love it!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Mine was delivered May 11, ordered March 18. Only 600 miles...but not a single issue....only thing I would change would be exhaust note...I also have a Maserati QP (2015 - bought new - NOT a single problem again) which has a much more audible exhaust in sport mode....the QV exhaust could be a bit more audible in all settings. Incredible car with many parts from Ferrari and Maserati...at a fraction of the price.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Its getting down to the wire for my car to arrive, and after hearing all the initial reliability concerns; coupled with actual real world problems... Im starting to get very nervous, and seriously considering to back out. My Q should be arriving this month or next month (order made around Jan/Feb) and just seriously concerned. Most of the stuff I've seen have been fixed with software updates, but after reading that last post about the car shutting down on the freeway at 75mph I would have to be remiss to just go into this purchase now. Sounds like some regret buying this car... How do the rest of the owners feel?
As a QV owner and also the first time in to the brand. LOVING IT! Keeps me happy and motivated.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts