Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, this is my first post here, so I apologize if this topic has been posted before. im looking into the possibility of getting into a giulia around June or July. Currently have a F30 335i with a few creature comforts like HUD, surround view, heated seats, HK audio, and a few others. I see theres no HUD option for the giulia, or surround view (i may be wrong?) but I could easily do without either. What is the difference between the base and Ti? From what I could tell, the Ti has better seats, better sport package, the heated seats and steering, and the HK system. Ive found a base and Ti with the packages that I want/can live without.

The base has sport interior and exterior package and the 8.8 inch screen.
The Ti has sport 19 inch exterior, static driver assistance, 8.8 inch screen with nav, and HK system.

I never use the car nav anyway, and has anyone compared the difference between the base and HK system?

Difference in price is nearly 5K. Is the Ti really worth that much of a difference?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think it's worth it to get the Ti with the performance package as that comes with the LSD and suspension upgrades IIRC.

Even at that, I would definitely pay the extra $5k for the Ti package. I think it's worth it as rims alone eat up a chunk of budget when doing these upgrades through the aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
It all really boils down to the options on specific cars. There are some loaded bases that are probably 'better value' than an equivalent Ti, but the Ti would only be a little more -- at first, I thought I would only accept a Ti, but after being in many of both, bases and Ti, I would rather save the money and go for the base model. But then again, everything I like comes standard, and I don't use car nav. The base can also get the cold weather package, but at cost rather than standard on the Ti. Living in New England, I've never seen a single Giulia base without cold weather.

Summary: Ti is probably worth it for you, but depending on dealer you probably won't see a ton of variation between bases and Ti. Something I've personally noticed is there are more base cars coming in with fewer options (what I want) rather than Ti cars with fewer options, there are very few that I see in my area.

·
Registered
242 Posts
You can option a base to almost match a Ti, but can never get the 19" Sport or Lusso or Performance Pkg on base.
Also, with either Ti Sport option (18 or 19), you get better sport seats.

The difference between your specs is that the Base is missing SiriusXM (350), Nav (1400) HK (900), Driver Assist Static (650) + 19" Sport.
So, it comes down to how much you value the better seats, the 19" Sport wheel (vs. 18") and other stuff.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it's worth it to get the Ti with the performance package as that comes with the LSD and suspension upgrades IIRC.

Even at that, I would definitely pay the extra $5k for the Ti package. I think it's worth it as rims alone eat up a chunk of budget when doing these upgrades through the aftermarket.
see, for me, there wont be much track time so i wont be needing the LSD. does the suspension with performance pack lower the car?

It all really boils down to the options on specific cars. There are some loaded bases that are probably 'better value' than an equivalent Ti, but the Ti would only be a little more -- at first, I thought I would only accept a Ti, but after being in many of both, bases and Ti, I would rather save the money and go for the base model. But then again, everything I like comes standard, and I don't use car nav. The base can also get the cold weather package, but at cost rather than standard on the Ti. Living in New England, I've never seen a single Giulia base without cold weather.

Summary: Ti is probably worth it for you, but depending on dealer you probably won't see a ton of variation between bases and Ti. Something I've personally noticed is there are more base cars coming in with fewer options (what I want) rather than Ti cars with fewer options, there are very few that I see in my area.
weirdly enough, ive been seeing a lot of bases with few options vs the Ti being a bit more loaded. I should be going to a dealer soon to test drive and im sure ill be able to get more of a sense of what im looking for. Although I really wouldnt mind sacrificing some options in order to get into one of these. I think itll be a bit nice to go back to basics for a while haha.

You can option a base to almost match a Ti, but can never get the 19" Sport or Lusso or Performance Pkg on base.
Also, with either Ti Sport option (18 or 19), you get better sport seats.

The difference between your specs is that the Base is missing SiriusXM (350), Nav (1400) HK (900), Driver Assist Static (650) + 19" Sport.
So, it comes down to how much you value the better seats, the 19" Sport wheel (vs. 18") and other stuff.
the main thing that I know ill regret is the 19 inch sport package. the nav and driver assist static i probably wouldnt miss too much, but I do listen to sirius XM when i drive so that and the HK would be another regret of not having.

·
Registered
236 Posts
see, for me, there wont be much track time so i wont be needing the LSD. does the suspension with performance pack lower the car?
Active suspension with the performance package allows you to soften the ride in Dynamic mode, which is great for rough road surfaces and passenger comfort (you can really tell the difference). The suspension override button is in the middle of the DNA selector dial. If you get the chance to test drive one, be sure to try it out!

For me, I really liked the 19 inch wheels and I had my eyes on the performance pack features, so I did a special order to pick out these 2 options (plus HK audio) and nothing else to keep price in check. I waited 3 months for delivery but it was so worth it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I drove the Ti with Sport pkg and a loaded up Base back to back...I immediately preferred the Base model suspension for my car which is a daily driver. With all the growth in Austin, TX and the unending road construction I wanted a smooth ride over the stiff ride I felt in the Ti w/Sport Pkg. If my car was a weekend car then I would have bought a Ti w/Sport Pkg. I really like the Base suspension and it works perfectly for a daily driver.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,799 Posts
I drove the Ti with Sport pkg and a loaded up Base back to back...I immediately preferred the Base model suspension for my car which is a daily driver. With all the growth in Austin, TX and the unending road construction I wanted a smooth ride over the stiff ride I felt in the Ti w/Sport Pkg. If my car was a weekend car then I would have bought a Ti w/Sport Pkg. I really like the Base suspension and it works perfectly for a daily driver.
I am happy with my Ti's ride. We could probably argue all day whether Detroit or Austin has worse roads. Maybe we can conclude that I prefer a stiffer ride than you do.

Seats and sport packages drew me to the Ti. I also appreciate its (optional) H-K audio system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Active suspension with the performance package allows you to soften the ride in Dynamic mode, which is great for rough road surfaces and passenger comfort (you can really tell the difference). The suspension override button is in the middle of the DNA selector dial. If you get the chance to test drive one, be sure to try it out!

For me, I really liked the 19 inch wheels and I had my eyes on the performance pack features, so I did a special order to pick out these 2 options (plus HK audio) and nothing else to keep price in check. I waited 3 months for delivery but it was so worth it.
Were you able to secure any discounts with a special order? Id definitely prefer to go that way since i could get everything i want. Ill definitely keep it in mind though when i go to the dealer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts