Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
I think you must be going slower than you realize. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Old school bench seats offer as much support as base seats.
Don’t think so since my wife is always telling me she’s about to throw up, but whatever makes you happy.

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Weren't you the one who started by saying how fast you drive? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
No, I think you were when you said the base seats are shit. I took exception.

”IMO the base seats look terrible, my previous CRV had more bolstering than the base seats which is pathetic. When I was shopping I sat on the base seats and the sport seats, the sport felt similar, but look 1000x better.”

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
9,241 Posts
They look better in any color other than black.

Reactions: wingler

·
Registered
2020 TI Sport Rosso Competizione
79 Posts
The best seat is the one you are used to from other cars.
I have the sport seats and have been on a 6k mile vacation.
You appear to favor the regular seats and said your driving style is not too aggressive..They will be fine.
As for your comment about installing the Centerline adjuster and your lack of mechanical skills; join your local Alfa Owners club (or any club) and I am sure you will find someone willing to guide you through the experience.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Hoping to finally pull the trigger soon on a Giulia and upgrade from my old beater.

I briefly drove my friend's Giulia that has the sport seats. I remember disliking the side bolsters, and I think they were deflated/spread outward as much as possible. It was also not ergonomic to rest my right elbow on the center console, but I can't recall if the console was too low (the seat was as low as possible) or if the bolster was in the way. Has anyone else had these issues with the sport seats? (5'11" ~180 lbs)

Conversely, while I've never sat in the base seat, it visibly looks like your elbow could more easily rest on the center console without obstruction. I'd be perfectly happy with a normal seat for a normal person, don't intend to be taking hard turns at 80mph on a track. But in several older threads from 3-5 years ago, a lot of people expressed unhappiness with other aspects of the base seats. A lack of support via thigh extension and, more importantly to me, a lack of seat base tilt. My understanding is that any sport seat post-2020 now has that base tilt, but what about in non-sport seat? Was tilt ever introduced for that? Specifically, I'm looking at a 2021 with the base seats. I also do a ton of multi-hour highway driving, so comfort is paramount.

Other than that, does anyone have other input on base vs sport seats?

Thanks so much!
Don't forget the Lusso seats. Similar to the base in shape with better leather and height adjustment of the front of the seat(which the base doesn't have). All the advantage of the sport seats without the tight hug of the bolsters.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design

·
Registered
845 Posts
Don't forget the Lusso seats. Similar to the base in shape with better leather and height adjustment of the front of the seat(which the base doesn't have). All the advantage of the sport seats without the tight hug of the bolsters.

View attachment 132870
I think I must have the lucky base seats on my 2018. I can raise my height and tilt.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts