Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2017 Giulia Q4
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a recommendation on a carbon fiber front splitter for a base model Giulia. QV style preferably and where to purchase. Looked at agency autoworks but read a few recent bad reviews, Madness was my other choice, always good luck with them. Thanks for any information

· Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
9,298 Posts
Looking for a recommendation on a carbon fiber front splitter for a base model Giulia. QV style preferably and where to purchase. Looked at agency autoworks but read a few recent bad reviews, Madness was my other choice, always good luck with them. Thanks for any information
The QV splitter has actuators, a controller and programming to make it run up and down at appropriate speeds. Fixed in the up position it won't do much (it is even hard to see), fixed in the down position it is too low for most people to drive around town.

I believe that there are splitters that can be put on the front. Generic versions "fit it yourself" are certainly available.

· Registered
2017 Giulia Q4
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The QV splitter has actuators, a controller and programming to make it run up and down at appropriate speeds. Fixed in the up position it won't do much (it is even hard to see), fixed in the down position it is too low for most people to drive around town.

I believe that there are splitters that can be put on the front. Generic versions "fit it yourself" are certainly available.
Looking for a QV "style" look alike not an actual one. A few companies show them just wondering on peoples experiences with different vendors

· Registered
9,298 Posts
Looking for a QV "style" look alike not an actual one. A few companies show them just wondering on peoples experiences with different vendors
My point is that the QV splitter is nearly invisible when retracted and too low when extended. So, what is this look that you are after?

Here is a render from Alfa Romeo USA that shows what it looks like retracted: just a thin black line. Might as well get some paint or a vinyl overlay.

Wheel Tire Grille Vehicle Car

The base model fascia has a slightly curved "bar" in the same place that is already partially blacked out depending on the model year.

Car Vehicle Grille Wheel Automotive lighting

· Registered
19 Giulia Ti Q2
111 Posts
Base/TI/Q2 for these model years have a straight line on the bottom of the front with slightly smaller intake openings than the sport you pictured. @lockem

@hawk02 I think you replied in my post about this but here goes anyway. Was fortunate to have picked this up used on the marketplace.
Madness Italia style V1
Part nearest the motor mounts with 4 of the factory points that hold the bumper/skin in place.
Original owner had drilled 5 additional holes around the front that screw directly into the bumper. No tape used.

Stock suspension for Q2 so no issues with scraping but best not get anywhere near a curb or parking block.

Car Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle

· Registered
2017 Giulia Q4
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Base/TI/Q2 for these model years have a straight line on the bottom of the front with slightly smaller intake openings than the sport you pictured. @lockem

@hawk02 I think you replied in my post about this but here goes anyway. Was fortunate to have picked this up used on the marketplace.
Madness Italia style V1
Part nearest the motor mounts with 4 of the factory points that hold the bumper/skin in place.
Original owner had drilled 5 additional holes around the front that screw directly into the bumper. No tape used.

Stock suspension for Q2 so no issues with scraping but best not get anywhere near a curb or parking block.

View attachment 135431

View attachment 135432
Thank You!!! that's the one I'm looking at. The extra holes just using self tapping screws and washers? Any chance you have a pic from under the car or could get one at your leisure? thnks again for posting

· Registered
19 Giulia Ti Q2
111 Posts
Yep just self tapping screws, little cringy to mar the bottom of the bumper but if the splitter is ever removed it would be hard to see.
Installed mine on flat ground with a stubby driver, fortunately had a socket set for the factory T12s.

I think the previous owner must have had a steep driveway, you can see the scrapes that were there before my ownership. Severe inclines will need to be taken with more care for sure.

Snapped a few the best I could (man it’s low there lol). Dirty as it’s been raining for two days.

There are little tabs that extend out for the factory points. Screws/washers with varying degrees of rust were the added ones. Have to keep an eye on that, I usually inspect this and the skirts at each oil change to make sure nothing has loosened. She’s my DD and does tick up the miles so that interval is every 2.5-3 months.

It’s not as meaty as you would expect seeing it from the top. It’s only a few mm thick throughout and you can see how it curves at the front to create the illusion from the top side that there is more there than reality.

Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting Bumper Automotive exterior

Brown Textile Sleeve Grey Collar

Tire Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Trunk

Tire Hood Automotive tire Wood Tread

Wood Asphalt Road surface Material property Flooring

Wood Asphalt Grey Road surface Flooring

· Registered
2017 Giulia Q4
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep just self tapping screws, little cringy to mar the bottom of the bumper but if the splitter is ever removed it would be hard to see.
Installed mine on flat ground with a stubby driver, fortunately had a socket set for the factory T12s.

I think the previous owner must have had a steep driveway, you can see the scrapes that were there before my ownership. Severe inclines will need to be taken with more care for sure.

Snapped a few the best I could (man it’s low there lol). Dirty as it’s been raining for two days.

There are little tabs that extend out for the factory points. Screws/washers with varying degrees of rust were the added ones. Have to keep an eye on that, I usually inspect this and the skirts at each oil change to make sure nothing has loosened. She’s my DD and does tick up the miles so that interval is every 2.5-3 months.

It’s not as meaty as you would expect seeing it from the top. It’s only a few mm thick throughout and you can see how it curves at the front to create the illusion from the top side that there is more there than reality.

View attachment 135433

View attachment 135434

View attachment 135436

View attachment 135438

View attachment 135435

View attachment 135437
Awesome, Thank you!!!!!!

· Registered
9,298 Posts
The picture I provided is the Alfa Romeo USA render of a 2022 Sprint. It is not a sport model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts