Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

How would you describe your Base or Ti seat heater function?

• Base or Ti with Base Seats - They work well

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Base or Ti with Base Seats - They kinda work

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Base or Ti with Base Seats - They suck

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Base or Ti with Sport Seats - They work well

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • Base or Ti with Sport Seats - They kinda work

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Base or Ti with Sport Seats - They suck

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Base or Ti with Lusso Seats - They work well

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Base or Ti with Lusso Seats - They kinda work

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Base or Ti with Lusso Seats - They suck

Votes: 1 1.9%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pick the best description of your opinion, and make sure to select based upon your seat type.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Might be able to clean it up a bit because the base model only comes with the base seats. You have to get the Ti in order to get the Sport or Lusso seats.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I would vote but I don't have my car yet to see how they work on the Sports seats. My still be cold enough to try once it gets here. Hopefully within the next month.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
My base model unfortunately did not come with the cold weather package but I did get heated seats installed from the dealer.

There are only two levels - low and high.

Overall they work very well.

The buttons were placed on the frame of the seat but still look good.

Thanks

Attachments

Reactions: Chicago

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
MY2018 Ti with Lusso seats.
Seat heaters work well.
Better than some, not as good as others, that I have experienced.
Same for most of the other interior appointments and ergonomics in / on this vehicle.
Steering wheel heater works great!
As for the engine-transmission-chassis-suspension:
Far better than anything that I have experienced in this price range!
So far, a great sport-sedan experience!

Reactions: freedomgli

·
Registered
449 Posts
The response from Alfa care was that the remote start connection for the steering wheel and seats was not available, even though the manual states it, and the salesman used it in the pitch. It is worth a big part of the $ for the cold weather option.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,472 Posts
The response from Alfa care was that the remote start connection for the steering wheel and seats was not available, even though the manual states it, and the salesman used it in the pitch. It is worth a big part of the $ for the cold weather option.
That's way after-the-fact and pretty weak IMO.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wow I am surprised at these results, I can barely tell mine come on. the only time I really feel my seats getting kind of warm is when it is around or below freezing outside. I have Sport Seats TI.

I also have a RR Evoque, and the seat heaters in that thing are basically Therapeutic as in they get very very hot and it feels great on my back (I have back issues).

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
why are the QV's not included in this poll?? is it because we have suede inserts??
Nope, the thread started in the Ti forum and it seemed reasonable to quiz TI's and Bases.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Seems like most people think they work pretty well despite the longgggg discussions we have :D
This is surprising to me especially after I was told mine are functioning normally despite barely feeling anything on the third setting. I posted on the other seat heater thread but if anyone here who says their heated seats are working well is able to get a temperature reading from them (on max setting) it would be much appreciated.

I have base seats and my dealer told me they maxed at 90F which was comparable to 1 other car on the lot (not a large sample size but enough for them to conclude mine are working "normal"). I'm going to try and measure myself because even that sounds warmer than what I can feel.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My base model unfortunately did not come with the cold weather package but I did get heated seats installed from the dealer.

There are only two levels - low and high.

Overall they work very well.

The buttons were placed on the frame of the seat but still look good.

Thanks
I saw plenty of cars here in the northeast that didn't have the cold weather package from the factory. This struck me as odd as I would have thought that most cars in my area would, of course, have this option when a dealer puts a car together for his inventory. . A couple of NJ dealers told me that they can, in fact, have an aftermarket heater installed in the seats but I was reluctant to do so. Now looking at your pics I can see that this was actually a pretty good solution as they look great...

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
For those that have lower back problem there is another thing to consider....nerves exit spine in pairs between vertebrae and many people with back problems also have lowered sensitivity to cold/warm without even knowing it...

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,472 Posts
I saw plenty of cars here in the northeast that didn't have the cold weather package from the factory. This struck me as odd as I would have thought that most cars in my area would, of course, have this option when a dealer puts a car together for his inventory.
I can't help but wonder whether WeatherTech has something to do with that. >:)

·
Registered
328 Posts
To bring numbers into this, I've included the measurements I took before and after my commutes last night and this morning. Cold temps were taken with the car off prior to leaving. Hot temps were recorded after arriving with the car on. I used an IR thermometer I borrowed from work and recorded the maximum temperature that I could find on each section measured. I kept the cars heat at 72 on auto for the full duration of both trips.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
To bring numbers into this, I've included the measurements I took before and after my commutes last night and this morning. Cold temps were taken with the car off prior to leaving. Hot temps were recorded after arriving with the car on. I used an IR thermometer I borrowed from work and recorded the maximum temperature that I could find on each section measured. I kept the cars heat at 72 on auto for the full duration of both trips.
Numbers look good to me

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,734 Posts
Wouldn't we want a measurement after the seat heaters are on but before a warm body is seated on said seat?

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
It's interesting that the seat backs get warmer than the base cushion. I feel the heat more in the base, probably because I just have pants and underwear on, unlike the having a winter coat on for the seat back. I wonder if the jacket helps insulate and retain the seat heat, or if the element heats more than the base?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts