Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could this be the base Alfa Romeo Giulia model?

Here's a still of it.

Looks like it's missing the bumper wing, has smaller alloy wheels and door handles that doesn't match the body color.

The original video up loader thinks it's the diesel engine model but does it sound like it?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Sure looks like a base model which doesn't look too bad, good difference between this and the performance model we saw. Looks to be a better difference than the BMW 3 series and the M3.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Seats are definitely different, but we knew that.
Think they'll give people the option to go with the QV seats on on the base model? They look a lot more comfortable.

He headlights looks like it doesn't have that curve that you find on the QV but it's hard to be sure because of the odd angle in the video.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Think they'll give people the option to go with the QV seats on on the base model? They look a lot more comfortable.

He headlights looks like it doesn't have that curve that you find on the QV but it's hard to be sure because of the odd angle in the video.
I wouldn't think so. I think that it would be best to make it so that you have to buy the whole QV, not buying one off options all the time. ANd I mean from Alfa Romeo's perspective.

·
Registered
420 Posts
That is the best way to go, just about how current car makers do it, the car makers that are at where they want to be... MB, BMW, etc.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I highly doubt it'll come as an option too but one can dream.
Would be odd if they left the door handles black instead of the same color as the rest of the body.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yea the black doesn't look good to me. Looks unfinished.

No vents by the wheel wells on this model, eh? That must be one of the differences between the QV and the production model.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Black door handles were okay to have back in the 90's but these days they can't to do that, it's a look you expect on some brand new $10,000 sub compact.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Didn't notice the lack of vents. Kind of makes it a bit more bland. Can't wait until it's uncovered to compare the QV and the base model and see the differences.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I don't mind that, the more that makes it different from the other trims the better.

Some people will only want the basemodel just to get in a alfa sedan so to them what a basemodel has might be good enough, especially in comparison to the rest.

·
Registered
288 Posts
As far as differences between the diesel and the petrol model, the petrol model might forego the dual exhaust pipes at the back. I'm just thinking of small differences that might set the two apart visually.

·
Registered
420 Posts
As far as differences between the diesel and the petrol model, the petrol model might forego the dual exhaust pipes at the back. I'm just thinking of small differences that might set the two apart visually.
I've noticed that with some other vehicles and it might have something to do with how it lets gasses escape. I see duals reserved more for 6 cyl's and up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts