Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
Im new here but not to ALFA. Just bought a new Giulia, last week. My AC unit is distributing bad moistered sent. Any idea how to deal with it?
Daphna

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
There are many posts on thread somewhere about this issue. Lots of theories, but I don’t recall any firm solutions.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I think some of it was the coolant used in the two systems for the engine and intercoolers. At 2300 miles I don't notice it anymore. Only new car smell and the desiccant bag still in the back footwell ;)

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,670 Posts
Hello all
Im new here but not to ALFA. Just bought a new Giulia, last week. My AC unit is distributing bad moistered sent. Any idea how to deal with it?
Daphna
I think you meant "bad scent".

Anyway there are a couple of threads on smells. If it is a hydro carbon smell that is not present if the ventilation system is on recirculation or when the car is moving it most likely is coming from the transmission fluid and will eventually fade. If it is a moldy smell that is present in all ventilation system settings you need to have your HVAC system disinfected by the dealer.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
With the hood open, you should notice clear circular stickers covering holes. That's a sign that the minor recall was applied to your car. Somehow and I don't know the particulars it prevents the cabin smell. My 2018 had this already done on delivery, i still had the scent at small levels for about 2,500 miles. It's no longer there.

Moral to the story.... Ensure you have clear stickers and keep on driving!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts