Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Page 97 of the Owner Manual states that the drive mode will appear on the "Instrument Cluster Display". I cannot locate it on my Ti Q4. Can't see anything in the settings that would turn the feature on. Is this just a myth? Any ideas on how to make the mode appear?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,754 Posts
I'm looking for it myself, Mike, and have been thinking about posting the same question.
Wet roads here this morning. Maybe I should find a quiet spot and floor the accelerator.

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
Roads dried to quickly for me to test. I wonder whether the Q4 system is like the one used on North American Chryslers that also activates at cold temperatures. Seems unnecessary to me for winter days with dry roads.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
It is interesting to hear that the indicator displays written into the owner's manual.

Another FCA magneti marelli product is the Maserati Levante SUV. The center cluster display in that vehicle shows the active torque split from front to rear.

My guess is that the same technical writing team did a little too much copy and paste!

·
Registered
10 Posts
AWD Indicator

I have also read the same blurb in the owner's manual (I have a TI AWD also), and have sought to create conditions where the mentioned indicator light would illuminate. I have yet to see it ever illuminate, I think it is an unintended carryover in the manual text from something that may have been planned but was not indicated. I have roughly 3000 miles on my car, and have certainly driven in multiple instances where it would have indicated (wet or high speed curves).

There are definitely a few inaccuracies in the manual - other obvious one that I have seen is that the top surface of the infotainment system main selection knob/button can be used as a writing surface. I wonder if this will ever be implemented - I have been in an Audi A7 where the same type of system was in fact active. Not sure how useful.

·
Registered
7,754 Posts
Reactions: ControllerMike
1 - 8 of 8 Posts