Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From looking at photos posted on Autotrader.com, it appears that AWD (Q4) models have a much taller wheel gap, not the look I was hoping for. Just another reason to forgo the AWD option and save yourself 2k in the process. I'm in Northern Va where we get on average 25 inches of snow per season. I'll continue to mount winter performance tires but I'll opt out on the Q4 option.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Not sure which shocks are used but Eibach or other aftermarket will surely have springs to dial the car in a bit further.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I guess with the AWD they presume people will be going over worse terrain on a regular basis (ie much more snow, etc.) so they raise the car up higher to accommodate? Or perhaps the transaxle in the front requires more clearance underneath?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I noticed a Maserati Quattroporte in the parking lot last night that was also a Q4 model - it too had (what appeared to be) a raised suspension. I think all FCA "Q4" models come with a raised suspension. Just 30-40mm can make a big difference visually.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not sure what you are talking about. Here's a picture of a base AWD Giulia from my dealer's website in MI versus a base RWD model from a dealer in NC. I don't see any massive differences in wheel gap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I noticed a Maserati Quattroporte in the parking lot last night that was also a Q4 model - it too had (what appeared to be) a raised suspension. I think all FCA "Q4" models come with a raised suspension. Just 30-40mm can make a big difference visually.
come on pattie where are the pictures or links to pictures.

show us man, or are you just playing the troll.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
About the AWD...has anyone test driven the RWD Ti and AWD Ti back-to-back? I'm curious to know how much better the AWD bites down at initial acceleration.

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
Rear brake and caliper installed on the front

·
Registered
576 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Dear that looks horrendous lol. I'm not too sure if it's the tire shine reflecting the light and the way the camera is setup, but it looks like it's running stretch fit tires haha

1 - 20 of 36 Posts