Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

just brought home my 2018 Ti Sport AWD with performance pack from Orange Coast.

I can't imagine there are too many people who hunted down an AWD model in so-cal, but I hope to meet you if you did!

First thing I did with the Alfa? Made sure my son's car seat fit and took him on a 120 mile drive :grin2:

Reactions: pipposera

·
Registered
70 Posts
Congrats and welcome, post some pics!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Congrats and Welcome. Would love to hear why you wanted an AWD in SoCal? Post some pics when you get a chance.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

I've attached a quick cell phone photo while waiting for tint. I'm a pretty serious photog and will post a real shoot in the next month or so - with aerial footage hopefully!

I picked up an AWD for a few reasons. 1: I want to be able to drive in snow if I decide too, and plan on travelling to New Mexico, Flagstaff, etc during winters. 2: it's faster! More grip, better launch. 3. I was cross-shopping with an Audi S3 and Golf R. I'm coming from a BMW 228i and a VW GTI, so I thought AWD would be a nice thing to try next.

Congrats and Welcome. Would love to hear why you wanted an AWD in SoCal? Post some pics when you get a chance.

Attachments

·
Registered
617 Posts
Thanks for the welcome!

I've attached a quick cell phone photo while waiting for tint. I'm a pretty serious photog and will post a real shoot in the next month or so - with aerial footage hopefully!

I picked up an AWD for a few reasons. 1: I want to be able to drive in snow if I decide too, and plan on travelling to New Mexico, Flagstaff, etc during winters. 2: it's faster! More grip, better launch. 3. I was cross-shopping with an Audi S3 and Golf R. I'm coming from a BMW 228i and a VW GTI, so I thought AWD would be a nice thing to try next.

makes perfect sense. congrats.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,437 Posts
Very similar to mine (or will be when the snows come off next month).

I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures. I'm just semi-serious.
Do you have any special lenses or processes you're planning to use?
Maybe some video in addition to stills from the drone?

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
AWD will handle better in the rain right?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tint and plastidipped emblems. This car is so beautiful, I just love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm thinking wide angle shots hanging out the window of another car. I also was thinking of trying some light painting using remote flashes. Car photos are hard for me, so I'll be using some of the techniques I've used on athletes.

Definitely will try to make some 20-30s videos in addition to static shots from my DJI Inspire.

Very similar to mine (or will be when the snows come off next month).

I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures. I'm just semi-serious.
Do you have any special lenses or processes you're planning to use?
Maybe some video in addition to stills from the drone?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,437 Posts
Lighting will be one of the keys. I achieved some fun distortion with my daughter's 10-18mm lens.
I have the 135mm on my camera right now. Will have to back way up to get the whole car in frame.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hey mig, where do you live? Congrats, btw. You’ll love the car I’m sure. I’ve got the 2wd ti sport, trofeo white, etc; live in San Marcos.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks! I'm in Normal Heights, near blind lady ale house.

Hey mig, where do you live? Congrats, btw. You’ll love the car I’m sure. I’ve got the 2wd ti sport, trofeo white, etc; live in San Marcos.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts